In memorium: Rob Davie, aka BigJetDriver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi to all. I am BigJetDriver’s Niece. First I want to thank everyone for all the great things I've read all day about my uncle. He was a funny, smart, incredible man. We are going to miss him terribly. A special thanks from the family to NetDoc, schford, caveseeker7 and everyone else I have spoke to today. I can see why Rob loved you all so dearly, y'all are a wonderful group of people.
Thank you for all the help, info and pics. As you all know, he was a very private person, even at home.He was involved with so many things, very active. he never bragged on himself, so, that is now my job, to brag on my uncle BigJetDriver.
It has helped to read so many wonderful things about him. Lets keep his memory alive and well, and learn from his life.
The memorial service will be sometime next week at Carnes Funeral Home in Texas City, when we can pinpoint a day, I will let y'all know. We will also let ya'll know about donations in his honor and where to make them soon.
Thanks NetDoc for setting me up here, its a comfort for the family. love to you all...

Its funny...... though we may never meet one another, we get to know each other very well becasue of what we write. Though I never met in in person, I read Rob's quotes on Rebreaher World and as every one has said he was "Class Act" through and through. My heart goes out to his family and many, many friends.

Thank you TButler - a very special message here...

You will be missed, big diver, Thanks for the Helping Hand to all who asked for it.

I recieved this today from a man that had never met Rob in person, but... well, I think it speaks for itsself

Let's raise a toast to a man who lived life like his hair was on fire!

Let's not forget to remember him for the way he lived because I'm sure
if you could ask him he would tell you that life itself is the only
thing worth living for.

Death is strangely inconsequential, merely a side effect of life --
the ultimate milestone, perhaps -- but as much a reason to celebrate a
life well lived as to mourn a death badly timed.

I will miss you, brother, but I will not mourn your life!

A toast, to Rob Davie: May your passion, charm and depth of spirit
serve to inspire us as we push on from here!

From the Book of Common Prayer for burial at sea.

We therefore commit his body to the deep, to be turned into corruption, looking for the resurrection of the body, (when the Sea shall give up her dead,) and the life of the world to come, through our Lord Jesus Christ; who at his coming shall change our vile body, that it may be like his glorious body, according to the mighty working, whereby he is able to subdue all things to himself.

God Speed Rob. We will see you soon.

Chad

TButler,

Thank you for taking time to share with the board. As you can see our thoughts a prayers are with you and your family.

Chad

This is certainly a shocker, to say the least. My heartfelt sympathies go out to all of Rob's family and friends. I never personally had any direct correspondence with Rob, but like so many of us, read his posts with respect and admiration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom