In memorium: Rob Davie, aka BigJetDriver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Ecclesiastes 3:1 There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:

2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,

3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,

4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,

5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,

6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,

7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,

8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.
NIV

We have lost a great friend. We have lost a dear brother with a huge heart. Rob Davie, our BigJetDriver, died this past weekend while pursuing the sport he loved: Scuba Diving. Most people pass through this life hardly making a ripple. But with Rob, the surf was always “UP!” He brought so much joy, knowledge, caring and passion to every thing he did, and he did so much. He was a moderator on at least three discussion boards, including here at ScubaBoard. He was an apt instructor for many disciplines and excelled at EVERYTHING he set his mind to. The world has lost one of its best assets and here at ScubaBoard, we mourn his passing. As you can imagine, the staff and moderators here on ScubaBoard are simply stunned, and I am having a hard time controlling my tears as I try to type this.

There are very few facts that are available to us at this time. Out of deference to his many loyal fans and friends, we ask that you keep this thread positive. There is no need to guess a cause and there are too many of us who are not dealing well with his passing. Your consideration during our intense time of mourning is appreciated. We will be sure to post any funeral arrangements as we learn of them.

This is the hardest thing I have ever had to type. Please pray for his close friends. Rob, I love you and I miss you terribly. Your posts were always funny and insightful. I was SO looking forward to our class. Farewell, mon ami!

One of the first PMs I got on SB was a lovely note from Rob, welcoming me to the board, and thanking me for sharing my medical knowledge. He seemed like a warm and charming person. I never met him IRL, but I'm also shocked and saddened at his passing.

I've been looking back at some of his posts... man, I'm gonna' miss him. I'm still in shock.

Well posted, NetDoc.

I have enjoyed and respected Rob's wisdom and passion on this board ~ Before and since he became a moderator. I know I am not alone as one who already misses him. I actually perused a bunch of his past posts when first reading the news... I'm glad his presence will always be here on ScubaBoard.

Prayers are with his family and friends in this time of tragic loss.

I'm stunned. I never met him, but found his posts always insightful and often witty. I know he will be missed by everyone, not only here on ScubaBoard, but everywhere.

Jeff

I'm shocked and saddened. Goodbye BJD.

oh my god

i just can't believe this. this is just terrible

Rob was one of a kind. Rob was Rob.

my heart goes out to all who knew him, his friends and family,
and to those of us who worked with him and came to love him

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom