In memorium: Rob Davie, aka BigJetDriver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kayla:
For those of you that knew him personally, or knew his family.. Will someone please let us know if there is anything that the rest of us can do to help? My prayers continue...
I am in contact with his niece, Theresa. They do want to have donations sent to a charity in lieu of flowers... and they are looking for the right one. I suggested the a Public Safety Divers fund might be the most appropriate, so if there is one out there: PLEASE PM OR E-MAIL me. It's hard to keep up with all of the posts: Rob was SO well liked.

The memorial service will be next week and as soon as details are announced I will be sure to have them up here. I have been assured that all of his cyber friends are invited.

They hope to have his body shipped out of Cairo this Thursday.

JimLap:
I am stunned. Though I did not know him personally he once edited one of my posts and was kind enough to explain why in a PM.

i just checked my old PMs and I've got an exchange with Rob in there from a few months back when he cleaned up a thread and had to edit quotes in one of my posts, so he dropped me a line...

NetDoc:
We have lost a great friend. We have lost a dear brother with a huge heart. Rob Davie, our BigJetDriver, died this past weekend while pursuing the sport he loved: Scuba Diving. Most people pass through this life hardly making a ripple. But with Rob, the surf was always “UP!” He brought so much joy, knowledge, caring and passion to every thing he did, and he did so much. He was a moderator on at least three discussion boards, including here at ScubaBoard. He was an apt instructor for many disciplines and excelled at EVERYTHING he set his mind to. The world has lost one of its best assets and here at ScubaBoard, we mourn his passing. As you can imagine, the staff and moderators here on ScubaBoard are simply stunned, and I am having a hard time controlling my tears as I try to type this.

There are very few facts that are available to us at this time. Out of deference to his many loyal fans and friends, we ask that you keep this thread positive. There is no need to guess a cause and there are too many of us who are not dealing well with his passing. Your consideration during our intense time of mourning is appreciated. We will be sure to post any funeral arrangements as we learn of them.

This is the hardest thing I have ever had to type. Please pray for his close friends. Rob, I love you and I miss you terribly. Your posts were always funny and insightful. I was SO looking forward to our class. Farewell, mon ami!
I think NetDoc's first post says enough.

One Saturday a while back I posted something that Bigjetdriver thought might be too political. He sent me a PM and said, I feel the same way you do on that issue but I have to pull it. He was fair and had a sense of humor. The Board is less today with his passing.

pilot fish:
One Saturday a while back I posted something that Bigjetdriver thought might be too political. He sent me a PM and said, I feel the same way you do on that issue but I have to pull it. He was fair and had a sense of humor. The Board is less today with his passing.
Yeah, the last PM I got from him was letting me know that my post got pulled with a few others as it qouted a problem post. I was asleep, and he was going out of his way to be courteous.

DandyDon:
Yeah, the last PM I got from him was letting me know that my post got pulled with a few others as it qouted a problem post. I was asleep, and he was going out of his way to be courteous.

Yeah, Don, he was a class guy. Never starting trouble, very informative and putting out fires on the Board, fairly. He was one of the very tall men on this Board. We are diminished.

Folks,

This is not the thread for discussing whether or not there will ever be a discussion in our Accidents and Incidents forum. There is not official position on this and it has not been discussed. This is also not the thread for any speculation on the matter.

Any posts in this vein have been removed from this thread and if there are others will continue to be removed.

This thread is here to remember and honor a great man who was admired by so many.

Thank you for staying on topic.

Christian

Holy jeez....my condolences to all. Friends, family, and boardmembers. We joined this board within a couple weeks of each other. Chatted once or twice.

A class act.

Bye, BJD

CBulla:
now I'm reading aabout it again and really on the verge of crying in
public (at my wifes office (www.familybirthcetners.com), all the preg
chicks would cry with me and have no clue why).

thank you, Colin... i needed that laugh

i still can't believe this is true

as to details, there are very few. Rob's wife sent out an e-mail to friends
that has been posted in The Deco Stop and Rebreather World.
there is no doubt it was a diving accident, not related to the explosions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom