i said "in 3yrs i'll get a KISS"... SHOOT me now!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife

Vegemite Mod
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
:banghead:

for those that have been following my rebreather thread in the chicks forum y'all know hubby has been try-diving the beasts and on the verge of making the decision (MEG, KISS Classic or MEG Copis)

well today i said to hubby "i imagine in 3yrs i'll get a KISS or if you buy the KISS now you can give it to me and we get you something new in a few years time"

i even said we will hold off buying my new regs as we better not spend on OC stuff

someone shoot me now!!

If you'll call my wife and explain to her these necessities, I'll pay for the call.

a bit more than a month ago.... but its been a good 6 month education for me

i attended OzTek on the weekend... was talking to the owner & rep of the KISS.

the guy started on the "this is the colours" and wife sueing questions but when i started questioning the software/computer and asking questions about sensors ect he changed tact real quick... dont get me wrong, he was a nice guy but ive learnt alot since calling it a box of death :D

cheers

You know, I said several years ago I'd get a KISS... but so far all I've received are slaps!

I know I'm heading in the direction of a rebreather as well... both to do some deep diving and to be able to video critters less obtrusively.

Explain is one thing, if she can get your wife to understand and accept these necessities you ought to send her that Apeks she was thinking of! :wink:

Maybe there is something to a man only being as good as the woman behind him after all ... :11:

Well, Aw, here's a thought (albeit not a cheap one - which will become a normal situation once you get into rebreathers, only the gas bills will be small):

If hubby goes for either Meg, it won't have a BOV, just a normal DSV. And, as I'm sure you both know by now, a BOV is a handy thing to have. Now Divematics in CA makes a real nice one, and among the many regs that'll fit are Apeks. Indeed, the late Rob Davie had an Apeks TX100 mounted to his Divematics BOV, and there are pics of that setup floating around here as well as on RBW. Very nice. Anyway, if hubby has a Meg you could always let him have the Apeks for a nice Divematics BOV once you get your KISS (which already comes with BOV). If you sell it right he'll understand. :D

By the way, have you tried any of the RBs when He did all his try dives?

Finally, no reason to shoot you (yet), there's a whole blacksheep squadron that'll think of as a keeper. So He better be nice. :blinking:

drbill:
You know, I said several years ago I'd get a KISS... but so far all I've received are slaps!

I know I'm heading in the direction of a rebreather as well... both to do some deep diving and to be able to video critters less obtrusively.
hahahah Dr Bill!!

this are the pics that got my hubby turninig to the dark side (recogize anyone Stefan??) these babys didnt fuss about the divers one bit. i like the 2nd shot where the diver is looking up thinking "did you see that"
prisms.jpg

prisms1.jpg

yesterday hubby was saying he had a puffer fish come up to him and tap on his mask.

i havent tried one myself yet but planning on it in abuot 2 weeks

caveseeker7:
.......If hubby goes for either Meg, it won't have a BOV, just a normal DSV. ........
and i actually understand what you are saying! :11:

hubby spending the day with Ron Micjan again... diving Kurnell so more Meg questions.... hubby was gonig to be the spotter while Ron takes pics... he said he was going to watch very closely to see how the weedy sea dragons react

You Aussie's are sure costing me money...first you win the scooter, I get half tanked and bid on one like yours and win it...now, it's the KISS....might as well move down there too....wait, that's not such a bad idea anyway...was telling someone today who was complaining about things in the USA...told him to move to New Zealand and get away from it all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom