I'm home now with some news, photos & videos from my trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cicopo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This years trip started Jan 28 and we arrived on a beautiful but windy "ports closed" day. There were several of those days this trip including our last day which was yesterday (Feb 18) and it's still closed again today. Once the sea & wind got back to normal I made a shore dive with friends I met last year to check my gear & weight. The dive went well but after it I knew the mind was willing but the body wasn't. Bad knees & shoulders all complained that night & after a lot of thought it was most likely my last ocean dive. By the time we left for home yesterday I still felt it was the right decision because my knees hurt big time from a night of standing & photographing the last parade for Carnaval 2024. Photography is my main hobby & I went to shoot the parade whether it would hurt or not. Now I need to edit all those photos.
As for the weather & waves they were nasty just about as often as they were welcoming & I heard the currents were bad at times too. Feb 5th was the nastiest day of the trip and from everything I heard even the locals hadn't seen a day like it before. I took some photos with my DSLR a bit before lunch & secided it was a bit riskey using it due to the salt spray which could ruin it or the lens on it or even both. I went back later in the afternoon to see how I might do using the new android tablet I bought for the trip as a video camera & got a good representation of just how bad things were getting. Based on how bad the hotel windows were in the morning a lot of salt spray overnight told me conditions had got even worse throughout the night but then lessened by morning. These are the still photos from my camera & the link will take you to a few of the videos from my Tablet. It's been a tough time to be a dive operator but even worse for those trying to get in a dive trip while on a 1 week vacation.

This is the link to the videos which I uploaded to my FB page. It's a public page so should be viewable.

Attachments

• 7D2_0728.JPG
    7D2_0728.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 7D2_0729.JPG
    7D2_0729.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 7D2_0730.JPG
    7D2_0730.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 7D2_0731.JPG
    7D2_0731.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 7D2_0732.JPG
    7D2_0732.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 41
Thanks Larry for the pics. Sorry to hear the body wouldn't let you to dive. I know its been a number of years since we dove to together, but I did enjoy our dives together.

I have always appreciated your posts and photos from the island I miss terribly! It stinks to hear you have had your last ocean dive. Glad you listened to your body tho! Man, that beautiful blue water sure was wind driven in those pics!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom