i said "in 3yrs i'll get a KISS"... SHOOT me now!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thinking back over that last statement, I now believe you are just the conduit for thought. The good ole Bud light supplies the courage.:eyebrow: P.S. Fantastic photos.

photos arent mine.... i have to confirm but i think they belong to Dave Harasti.... i could be wrong so will check

hahahah - i will glady hand over the scooter to anyone that wants to swap a meg or kiss for it :wink: (not that sort of kiss Dr Bill)

Yep, looks familiar in those pics. Shark and bait. :rofl3:

almitywife:
hubby spending the day with Ron Micjan again...
He's getting micjaned?! He'll buy a Meg. :D

... he said he was going to watch very closely to see how the weedy sea dragons react
Have you seen Pawel's film? Awesome images of weedy sea dragons. Best I've seen so far, took lots of time and patience, and yes, he used (OMG) rebreathers.

almitywife:
well today i said to hubby "i imagine in 3yrs i'll get a KISS or if you buy the KISS now you can give it to me and we get you something new in a few years time"

someone shoot me now!!

...ahhh, elightenment. Mhwahahahahahaha... Welcome. As you walk closer to the entrance, it gets even more dark and mysterious. The next thing you know, you'll be doing three hour cave dives. :D

Almitywife, those pictures are one reason I've hesitated to get a rebreather. There are some critters I want to be blowing bubbles for, like our great white sharks!

almitywife:
:banghead:

for those that have been following my rebreather thread in the chicks forum y'all know hubby has been try-diving the beasts and on the verge of making the decision (MEG, KISS Classic or MEG Copis)

well today i said to hubby "i imagine in 3yrs i'll get a KISS or if you buy the KISS now you can give it to me and we get you something new in a few years time"

i even said we will hold off buying my new regs as we better not spend on OC stuff

someone shoot me now!!

Almitywife,
That sounds great, we need a lot more women on the dark side. I do suggest that you too do as many 'try-dives' as you can. One lady mentioned to me that she preferred a particular model mostly because it fit her body better, others hurt her back. So while common spares etc is a big draw, all these units have pros and cons.
My wife has still not proclaimed her desire to join the dark side, but she is fully supportive of my doing it. I'm hoping a few more lady's telling her of their positive experiences, might be just what is needed to get her to say she wants to try it. When she saw that this pregnant puffer fish kept glued to me trying to stay away from the bubble blowers I thought she might pop the question...

(sorry, lousy picture, but cute critter).

Attachments

• sm-preg-puffer.jpg
    sm-preg-puffer.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 82
Dr Bill... just dont get a inspor or rEvo as i hear sharks like yummy yellow :wink:

cool pic!

i will be trying some units but not till its my turn... plenty of time (for now) and i still need to get my head around the P1.2 stuff hubby talks about (i will have to start listening now)

drbill:
Almitywife, those pictures are one reason I've hesitated to get a rebreather. There are some critters I want to be blowing bubbles for, like our great white sharks!

btw, you just reminded me... i have to find the link but its from a dive down here

some guys on OC taking pics of harmless grey nurse sharks (who were behaving very weird that day) and you see a shadow in the distance and then a massive GW glides right over their heads

it wasnt the bubbles that spooked him..... it was the strobe of the guys camera that did it

goes to show... those photog guys never stop taking pics

Almightly,
One suggestion, if it suits you, you might try reading Jeff Bozanic's book "Mastering Rebreathers". Its really an overview of the units out at the time of writing, but more is explains a lot concepts etc. Such things as the pro's and con's of various designs may be of interest. The title I think is a bit misleading, its much more of an indepth of what, why, and how on rebreathers. I've noticed that my wife picks it up on occasion as she hates asking questions sometimes, and does not yet want to give me the impression she's ready to try one.

scubanimal:
Almightly,
One suggestion, if it suits you, you might try reading Jeff Bozanic's book "Mastering Rebreathers". Its really an overview of the units out at the time of writing, but more is explains a lot concepts etc. Such things as the pro's and con's of various designs may be of interest. The title I think is a bit misleading, its much more of an indepth of what, why, and how on rebreathers. I've noticed that my wife picks it up on occasion as she hates asking questions sometimes, and does not yet want to give me the impression she's ready to try one.

Good Idea, Sounds like a plan. :lotsalove:

In another 50 hours I might give her a try. :D

Back
Top Bottom