Hey!! What happened to HUE!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is fun and all, but my intend was not to fuel another DIR vs non-DIR debate. I am sorry that apparently I was the catalyst for this abomination from hell thread.

Bottom Line: I never intended on being condescending, the cavern line was an attempt at humor (based on Paul's thread), which failed (drawback of the internet is that you don't see the non-verbals.).

Thanks Mark for chiming in, but there really is no need to continue to fuel this debate. On another note, when are we ever going diving together again :)?

Sherman

Lets hijack there forum for dive planning :D

Chris is doing a wall dive from 160 - 190 as a Tuesday late afternoon dive and we are doing a seatiger penetration/deco dive on either next Saturday or Sunday during the IDH club divers dive.

Eventually I will join you guys on the Thursday skills dive but I still have logistical problems getting my doubles filled. I think I'm going to get my DM just so IDH can put me down as an employee so I can get access to Hickam. Plus I think Jo is probably tired of lugging my doubles around all the time :lotsalove:

Please include me on the HUE emails as eventually I'll have my logistical issues resolved and I'll better be able to join you guys on fun dives.

Originally Posted by FIXXERVI6 View Post
"...i beleive [DIR] would be more widely accepted if it were not from the attitudes of the ones pushing it."

I think this is as much at the root of the DIR issue as any one objection we whom are not 100% DIR minded find.....those purist that are truelly DIR and apply what they feel to be the proper method of diving are usually far and few in number and are not the problem....it's the others that want to feel part of a 'group' and try to impress their feelings on everyone else. I hate the title elitist but it comes so often to mind when confronted with these divers. I persl. 'steal'--lol-- what I can from many different methods and approaches to a mix that works for me in my diving...I have read/studied all the major players and find each has some fine idea and methods, some more than others. I do really think though that if you are diving in TEXAS you need to apply the methodology of the D.I.M.W.I.T. school of diving. :D :wink:

Yeah, but where is that darn manual? I don't know the secret handshake or anything!

Lets hijack there forum for dive planning :D

Chris is doing a wall dive from 160 - 190 as a Tuesday late afternoon dive and we are doing a seatiger penetration/deco dive on either next Saturday or Sunday during the IDH club divers dive.

Eventually I will join you guys on the Thursday skills dive but I still have logistical problems getting my doubles filled. I think I'm going to get my DM just so IDH can put me down as an employee so I can get access to Hickam. Plus I think Jo is probably tired of lugging my doubles around all the time :lotsalove:

Please include me on the HUE emails as eventually I'll have my logistical issues resolved and I'll better be able to join you guys on fun dives.

That's certainly an interesting understanding of the term "dive planning". Sure beats all the math involved in developing any sort real dive plan. And the correct word is "their". "There" is a place.

Thanks for dropping by again!

Hey, preliminary dive plans.

I'm going out to Lake Travis hopefully wednesday, and I'm either going to dive at Barstows WP or Mansfield Dam, and I plan on keeping it between 100' and the bottom. I may penetrate the trees on Saturday or Sunday, but maybe not. Any takers?

I'm going out to Lake Travis hopefully wednesday, and I'm either going to dive at Barstows WP or Mansfield Dam, and I plan on keeping it between 100' and the bottom. I may penetrate the trees on Saturday or Sunday, but maybe not. Any takers?

That does not even sound like a preliminary dive plan/s....more like a crap shoot.....:eyebrow: :)

That does not even sound like a preliminary dive plan/s....more like a crap shoot.....:eyebrow: :)

If the DIMWIT Manual ever comes out you'll see that it requires "...redundant toilet paper (preferably black) when shooting at crap" (Rule #3). Strangely, no mention of shooting craps...

That's certainly an interesting understanding of the term "dive planning". Sure beats all the math involved in developing any sort real dive plan. And the correct word is "their". "There" is a place.

Thanks for dropping by again!

lol ok you got me on semantics. Yah you!!! :dork2:

call it dive scheduling if you prefer. Their and there still gets me... what can I say.

lol ok you got me on semantics. Yah you!!! :dork2:

call it dive scheduling if you prefer. Their and there still gets me... what can I say.

I am so glad we cleared that technicality up with a mutually acceptable definition. Now we can all get on with diving (individual choice as to the style_rec or tech).

Have a great Week.

See you in the water. :D

Regards,

Shawn O'Shea

That sounds great. I might be the one swimming around the grove with a single 80. I will use the blue one so you can recognize me.

Sorry...not interested in being like you 24940. Go back to your sad little existence, hang our with your DIR pals and be whatever it is you want to be. Just don't step into my space with your bad attitude.

BTW, I see in your profile that you are just an OWI...no Fundies...no tech certs...looks like you don't have a clue about what you're talking about. Typical...

Does this mean you won't dive with me? Where's the love?

BTW, I wouldn't have OWI in my profile, but TOS requires I have it in there for I2I access. If it weren't in my profile, I'd still be an OWI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom