Here is another light build and comparison

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Be patient with DX sometimes they take a loooong time. I just got a 5 LED DX module after waiting about 2 months and it's busted!

Can I also put this quote on my website. :p

I will pack up your light now.
I just tested it and forgot to tell you guys about the SOS blink mode!
I plan on having a video of the light on my website soon, I'll mention how you guys mod them for diving.
Chris

I just remembered. Few weeks ago I was diving Sundiver Express out of California and some had GUE Fundies class and one of the students had a familiar light and I asked if he bought it from you and he did! :) It was cool to see another diver with your light! (I've since then replaced that container with OMS version from you :)

Small world out there!

Hey guys, I went back over the numbers and found out that I'm hardly making anything for $50.
I will sell the BL09 head for $55+$5 shipping. In California add 8.75% for tax.
Thanks, Chris.
bikeempowerment.com

Hey guys, I went back over the numbers and found out that I'm hardly making anything for $50.
I will sell the BL09 head for $55+$5 shipping. In California add 8.75% for tax.
Thanks, Chris.
bikeempowerment.com

Haha... I got mine before the price jumps!!!

Got my head today. I have to say it is really nice. I am going to try to fab up a new rear section in Delrin and put an Agro gland on it... You can't do any better for $50 for a complete head. Now, it does have its limits. The beam is going to be floody rather than spotty. That is due to the size of the reflector. This head is really small. Perfect for a helmet mount! Now, I may also try to put an XML in it and see if we can get the spot beam! We shall see... Have many thoughts in head... must act!

Chris, I have a question, can you see what the thread pitch is on that rear tube section for us? Preferrably standard (like 27 threads per inch or whatever pitch). This will help me in fabbing up the new rear section.

Thanks again for the quick shipping.

Can I also put this quote on my website. :p

Chris

You can have as many of my quotes as you want. They are only $100 per use... lol

Just got done firing up the head. I am not sure what kind of driver is in there, but my power supply read 2.5 amps from 3.7 volts all the way up to 7.4 volts. No increased brightness at the voltage range??? Anyone know how this one works? The LED was nice and bright. The head does get pretty warm. Very nice head. Not as floody as I expected. Overall extremely nice head for $50!!! Get it before Chris increases the price...

Underwater, due to refraction of light, the beam is actually nice, not exactly laser beam like, but a good spot, with a lot of useful spill.

With a custom delrin rear section, it might make for an even more compact head :D

And thank goodness you're on-board checking out the driver and stuff, because that stuff is just a bit above my head...

And doesn't it look a tad brighter than the listed 480 lumens? :D

Yeah, I think the MCE is actually being driven at the full rated power so yes, I would presume it is brighter than 480.

I would like to however take the LED and reflector out. Chris any idea how?

The OP reflector is just screwed in. (mine was a bit loose, so easy to remove). The LED star is just affixed with some white heat paste with 2 wires going through to the driver behind it. It should come off with minimal force :D

Back
Top Bottom