Here is another light build and comparison

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

f you have a spare head, could you take it apart and show everyone how fantastic the inside is?

If you're going to take pictures, can you take some detail photos of the tail section so we can see if there's a way to "rig" a screw-in cable connection?

Thanks,

Henrik

These light build threads are getting me anxious to get my lathe/mill/surface grinder this summer!

Here they are.
HPIM5169-371x269.jpg

HPIM5171-366x267.jpg

There are 2 more pics on the website. FEREI
Just go down to the bottom of the page.
I can sell you guys the head for $50.
Chris

Wow, I like that link with the beam shots. I also have the M9, I think you guys can modify the tail to water proof it. Plus it fits in the same helmet mount as the BL09. One bad thing is that it's only a one cell and will last about an hour on high.
Do you mind if I put your guote about the quality of the light on my site?
Chris
Its a commercially bought bicycle lamp. Here's a stock photo.

fereilight.png

The build quality of this light is amazing. I did swap out the silicone o-rings to more robust rings. the stock lens is a 3mm lens, but since the diameter is only around 34mm, I calculated it would handle the pressure of recreational dive limits (but not quite with a protection factor of 2).

I was further sold on the lamp after I saw a bunch of beam-shots from taschlampen-test.de

Screenshot2011-02-08at84911PM.jpg

The switch on the stock light is a momentary-on switch and what I believe to be a PWM driver. So I replaced the switch with a reed, then I placed a magnet in (of all things) a purge button that I cut out of an excess plastic regulator face-plate. It works like a charm :D

Since it was a bike light, it had mounting hardware, which I attached to a PVC plate then used the velcro strap that came with the kit as a strap for my hand.

For the input of all the folks here and at CPF (that would be you, packhorse, and lucca) and the greatly detailed work of wquiles, and even the at times heated debates seen in threads of H2Odoctor, I've learned a lot. Thank you. More feedback would be greatly welcome.

Hell for $50 for a complete head, I'm in...

I just remembered. Few weeks ago I was diving Sundiver Express out of California and some had GUE Fundies class and one of the students had a familiar light and I asked if he bought it from you and he did! :) It was cool to see another diver with your light! (I've since then replaced that container with OMS version from you :)

If it's good enough for 350xfire, I'm also in too... I don't think I'm going to receive my DX 5 dropin from DX anytime soon.. I think it's lost. It's been over 2 months!

Wow, I like that link with the beam shots. I also have the M9, I think you guys can modify the tail to water proof it. Plus it fits in the same helmet mount as the BL09. One bad thing is that it's only a one cell and will last about an hour on high.
Do you mind if I put your guote about the quality of the light on my site?
Chris

By all means, please do. Put a quote, or a link even :D Thanks for the photos :D

Sure, 1 hr on high with a 2800 mah batt, but the thing I like about the light is that the output is user adjustable! More often than not, this thing puts out more light than needed, so the light adjust feature is a great thing.

$50 for a light head? :D PM sent :D

If it's good enough for 350xfire, I'm also in too... I don't think I'm going to receive my DX 5 dropin from DX anytime soon.. I think it's lost. It's been over 2 months!

Sorry that your package got lost.

If anyone wants the head or full kit please contact me through my website. It's much easier for me.
I also have one cell batteries w/PCB for $10
If you use the 4 cell battery from the kit, you will have 4 hours on high.
bikeempowerment.com
Chris

Be patient with DX sometimes they take a loooong time. I just got a 5 LED DX module after waiting about 2 months and it's busted!

Back
Top Bottom