Harbor Freight ultrasonic cleaner?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aqua-Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Of the people that have purchased this cleaner, how does it work? Is it worth it?

4 Wheeler Magazine has Harbor Freight ads that have 20% off coupons. Get yourself a coupon and then get yourself the unltrasonic cleaner!

Get the bigger one with the solution heater. Works well for the price. Using hot simple green solution with some vinegar in it. Be careful you don't put too many parts in it though. I have found it cleans much better with fewer parts, even though you can fit a whole manifold in there it will take 10+ cycles to get clean. Load no more than 2 valves at a time for decent results.

I have been using the larger unheated one for quite a while. Works fine so far.

Yeap, it's good for the price...
And don't use vinegar on plastic and rubber parts as it will degrade them over time.

I would think the smaller one would do fine for most regs. I do a lot of the old double hose regs and needed the larger one so the cans would fit ,the are over 5 inches across.

The big one goes on sale for about $59 from time to time.

I have the digital version with the heater. Works great so far.
+1
4 Wheeler Magazine has Harbor Freight ads that have 20% off coupons. Get yourself a coupon and then get yourself the unltrasonic cleaner!
The 20% coupons can be found all over the place, including Sunday papers and as ads in the Readers Digest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom