Harbor Freight ultrasonic cleaner?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The 20% coupons can be found all over the place, including Sunday papers and as ads in the Readers Digest.

+1 they are everywhere. I picked one up the other day and while I didn't have a 20% off coupon they gave my 20% off if I bought the extended warranty. Came out cheaper than full price anyway... Of course, I found the coupons when I got home...

My friend uses one of the HF ultra sonic cleaners and it seems to work well enough. Crest builds the nice units and they charge for them too.

Coupons can be found online just using google. IE: "harbor freight 20% coupon" then look for a jpeg to print with the correct date. Of course you could also sign up for their email ad's. I have a HF across the freeway so it is close. They don't let you stack coupons like they used too.

I didn't use to be a coupon user but these days with 10% off at Lowes and Home Depot with their moving coupons (Only good for one shot) and often they will accept HF coupons as they take competitors coupons, it makes financial sense to use a coupon. You can continue to use their competitions coupons over and over as they do not log them.

My latest purchase. Lowes $500 gift card from ebay purchased for $461. Bosch 4100 table saw on sale from $599 down to $529. Throw a HF 20% coupon in and I got it for $423 plus tax, but remember I didn't pay full price for the gift card :D

Damn Peter you are like one of those coupon crazy people on TV... lol!

Well when you get a $600 item for $400 just tell me how many coupons I need to make it happen??

BTW I just got another $200 Lowes gift card today to buy a Bosch jig saw. Hopefully they will take the HF 20% off coupon too. Unfortunately it is no longer on sale.

My problem is I am a tool junky...and have way too many (Really not enough). I hear all the time about how much room the lathe takes up in the garage, and there is barely enough room for her bicycle.

I don't do the save $.10 on a can of soup though. I have standards after all!

I use the heated larger unit. It's not very old but it's already paid for itself with the amount of stuff I end up cleaning. I would not be able to get by with the smaller unit, but this one is ok.

I use the small Pyrex rectangular dish things that cost $4.95 at the local Wally World to store my cleaning fluids, they fit perfectly in the larger model. Read up on how to do this, you can damage your unit or have poor cleaning if you do it wrong.

I don't leave the main water in the unit long, I don't think the SS basin is really the highest quality metal and one spot developed a slight brown marking that has me worried about rust if I always leave water in it. But, because I keep my cleaning liquids in the separate Pyrex containers, it's no big deal to dump the plain water which only has a little detergent to break up water tension.

I like the heat, but if you forget the unit is on, the heater seems to keep running after the cycle kicks off and makes odd noises as it heats, so you need to remember to go turn the heat off after the ultrasonic cycle is done.

With the coupon, it's a no brainer for me, but of course it's not expected to last as long as the higher quality units that also cost several times more.

I used it with some cleaning fluids for firearms that seemed to melt some of the plastic on the lid, just as an FYI. That is an issue that the all metal units don't necessarily have.

Back
Top Bottom