Halcyon H75P + Halo (weird?) cranking effort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sir, we are checking lubricant in your regulators and found you are in violation of PADI penal code 2Delta 1.0o_O, failure to follow manufacturers specifications for balance chamber O-ring lubrication :shocked:. But officer, I am innocent it was @Couv. He did it, and it was very, very expensive and worth every penny :wink:.

Meanwhile, if any of these have a balance chamber poppet O-ring explosion I will let y'all know. Yep, the G260 too, it had some kinda white stuff caked in there from the factory assembly:

Back on subject, what was the subject, oh, yeah, cracking force. The OP has it worked out finally, persistence paid off and it was educational. Thanks for the thread and the videos and it appears a happy ending for regulators and all :happywave:.

it had some kinda white stuff caked in there from the factory assembly:
Believe it or not the above is part of the service procedure. The newer (dual seal) S-wing poppets are meant to have lubricant between the real seal and the wiper seal. A small lubricant reservoir if you will. BTW Christolube tends to "cake" more readily than Tribolube.

Believe it or not the above is part of the service procedure. The newer (dual seal) S-wing poppets are meant to have lubricant between the real seal and the wiper seal. A small lubricant reservoir if you will. BTW Christolube tends to "cake" more readily than Tribolube.
Yes, the outer O-ring is just a wiper and the result is there is now created a space between the inner and outer O-rings. Whatever the OE had put in there (of which the carrier and the now unsuspended agent had separated into a stiff, chalky mess), rest assured it is now just good ol' silicone 100% grease. If my balance chamber and poppet explodes in Cozumel hopefully you will be nearby to record the event and drag my headless body back to the boat. And then all y'all can say we told you so :wink:.

Had the chance of use my "brand new" like regulators and now I can breathe as a normal person LOL.

Just, to make all this perfect, I need to check why the regulator doesn't swivel properly... I think I've set too many o-rings in the LP hose connection to the regulator (2 of them). Do you guys know which one really should I place?

Had the chance of use my "brand new" like regulators and now I can breathe as a normal person LOL.

Just, to make all this perfect, I need to check why the regulator doesn't swivel properly... I think I've set too many o-rings in the LP hose connection to the regulator (2 of them). Do you guys know which one really should I place?

"I think I've set too many o-rings in the LP hose connection to the regulator (2 of them)."

That's a wee bit concerning.

How?

A photo?

There is one O ring hose/reg end and it's a -010, there is a recess for it to sit in. If using a halo second stage there is one O ring, a -014 which sits against jam nut hose end to "protect' threads from corrosion. If you've put two o rings in there you need to take one out.

My memory is terrible and I haven't read/re read this thread. If you no literature on servicing regs, maintenance etc please DM me and I'll provide you with some reading material.

Interesting conversation! Lots of good info. I don't know about the Halycon hoses, but if I remember the SP superflow hoses don't use a 010, maybe a 902 or a metric equivalent. I also think there are two o-rings at the hose connection; one goes in the hose around the internal spool (for the swivel) and a larger one that I think seals the threads on the jam nut.

It makes sense that the poppet o-rings are critical for fit. I check them by covering the hole in the seat with my finger and then pushing the balance chamber all the way in, observing the 'spring' back.

I am happy to report back that I still have my head and my wonderful Surf G250s. Every time I use them I think they are my best regulators which highly insults my G260 set but it is what it is. Thanks Couv. I wonder if G250 covers will thread onto Halycon second stages?

I am happy to report back that I still have my head and my wonderful Surf G250s. Every time I use them I think they are my best regulators which highly insults my G260 set but it is what it is. Thanks Couv. I wonder if G250 covers will thread onto Halycon second stages?

They will but purge decal is almost always off centre.

I've tried G250V plates on G250 and they thread on just fine. To be exact a G250V face plate will fit a G250 so I assume the converse is true. It's strange, on some G250s the G250V plate will line up but on others it's all off center.

(Assuming H didn't change case of Halo and it's still same as G250V)

Found the problem..... In short, yes, I was setting too many o-rings LOL.

The LP hose uses an o-ring inside (as all these hoses). The issue was that my original Halcyon o-rings were brown (viton?) and I failed to see it and, because I though I've already removed it I was just puting new one, which obviously were unable to get into the already used slot, getting pushed to the botton when screwing the 2nd stage in the hose.

Once I replaced properly the o-ring (only one LOL) it swivel properly.... now I can say my regs are like brand new.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom