Halcyon Halo feels like it breathes in 2 stages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Experienced same phenomenon on a new C370, pulled it apart, wiped off lube poppet O rings, cleaned balance chamber, re lubed poppet O rings using plain old silicone grease, re assembled, problem solved🤷‍♂️

Experienced same phenomenon on a new C370, pulled it apart, wiped off lube poppet O rings, cleaned balance chamber, re lubed poppet O rings using plain old silicone grease, re assembled, problem solved🤷‍♂️

My Halos were "solved" too, every time they've been serviced. Then the problem comes back after not that many dives.

So, when you say your problem is solved, do you mean that it works fine immediately after servicing? Or do you mean it still works exactly the same after servicing and then diving it 20 or 30 dives?

My Halos were "solved" too, every time they've been serviced. Then the problem comes back after not that many dives.

So, when you say your problem is solved, do you mean that it works fine immediately after servicing? Or do you mean it still works exactly the same after servicing and then diving it 20 or 30 dives?
Let me get back to you after 20 or 30 dives.

Hips fighting against me, might be a while till I can answer that, not diving anytime soon. Tried on Sunday, put all my gear in my trolley to walk the 1.9km to the end of Busselton Jetty but hips weren't having it☹️

Welcome to the world of desperate Halcyon Halo users!!!

I'm having the same issue with my two Halos (double tanks) and, so far, I found no a solution for this. I've used several different lubes and way to apply them with no good results: after few dive I get the pop effect, or 2 stages.

But I've found a bigger issue: After adjusting them and getting the recommended cracking effort, after few dive it become harder and harder, up to the point sometimes I've surface with headache because CO2 accumulation (more that 3 water inch of cracking effort vs the recommended 1 inch).

Another effect is that after some dices the poppet don't close totally the gas flow and I get an annoying small continuous flow of wasting gas. To avoid it I have to close the knob, but the cranking effort get harder.

The problem seems to be that the poppet lose lube somehow. Just as a very important detail: I'm using original Halcyon service kits. Another fact: They start failing since I've service it and replace o-ring

¿Could it be because o-ring in service kits are not appropriated?

Those are my related posts in case you want to read it (both are because the same problem):

Halcyon H75P + Halo (weird?) cranking effort

Unavoidable flow in Halcyon Halo (SP G250V) 2nd stage

Welcome to the world of desperate Halcyon Halo users!!!

I'm having the same issue with my two Halos (double tanks) and, so far, I found no a solution for this. I've used several different lubes and way to apply them with no good results: after few dive I get the pop effect, or 2 stages.

But I've found a bigger issue: After adjusting them and getting the recommended cracking effort, after few dive it become harder and harder, up to the point sometimes I've surface with headache because CO2 accumulation (more that 3 water inch of cracking effort vs the recommended 1 inch).

Another effect is that after some dices the poppet don't close totally the gas flow and I get an annoying small continuous flow of wasting gas. To avoid it I have to close the knob, but the cranking effort get harder.

The problem seems to be that the poppet lose lube somehow. Just as a very important detail: I'm using original Halcyon service kits. Another fact: They start failing since I've service it and replace o-ring

¿Could it be because o-ring in service kits are not appropriated?

Those are my related posts in case you want to read it (both are because the same problem):

Halcyon H75P + Halo (weird?) cranking effort

Unavoidable flow in Halcyon Halo (SP G250V) 2nd stage
I’m wondering; have you tried replacing the internals with SP parts?

Has anyone taken precise measuements and checked durometer of poppet orings from a problem Halo?

Can I see a picture of the exact components that are being installed into the air barrel?

Are Scubapro service kits being used or Halcyon?

I’m wondering; have you tried replacing the internals with SP parts?
I'm the process... Last week I've ordered SP complete poppet set, balance chamber, spring and level.... last desperated resource.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom