Halcyon H75P + Halo (weird?) cranking effort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A few pages back, there was discussion of possibly the O-ring for the poppet (?) in the service kit being a little too big.

Is it possible that that is what is going on here? Maybe Halcyon got a batch of service kits that have an out-of-spec O-ring for the poppet?
Yes, it happened to me that on the beginning I was using some "compatible" maintenance kit and, after several test I've found these o-ring were a little (very little) bigger than the original, so I bought Halcyon original kits and got a very good cranking effort.... but now, after some adjustments I wad to do with the IP, I'm no longer able to get the (near) 1 water inch cranking effort.

BWT: I've opened this post and most of it were referring to my regs.... the same today are driving me crazy now.

I did... I think it's OK. I don't notice rattling.
So you shake the 2nd stage and it doesn’t rattle that’s good. How was your your level of purge? How far do you push in the purge button before it starts to purge?

None of my Halos have a violent free flow either when purged either. I'm not sure what the reason for that is.

None of my Halos have a violent free flow either when purged either. I'm not sure what the reason for that is.
Out of the five, the two that have high cracking effort do you notice a difference in purge?

Out of the five, the two that have high cracking effort do you notice a difference in purge?
Yes. I if I adjust them so that they're just barely leaking the purge is not as good as the others still. Subjectively at least I don't have a flow meter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom