Halcyon H75P + Halo (weird?) cranking effort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have them for sale as a DIR configuration double tank regulators set. They are in Spain y you want them.
I’m, DMing

I have to go count, I think I have ten G250s. One set on a Mark 2 Evo, another set on a Mark 11, another set on a Mark 20+, another set on a Mark V and two spares in rotation plus a G260 set on a Mark 17 Evo. All of mine breath perfectly and very low WOB. I love them. And they are tough and easy to service and adjust. But, shhhh, do not tell anyone, I use 100% silicone grease in the second stages.

The G250/G260 does have a strong Venturi and it does ramp up quickly. What one person likes might not agree with another. I wished we could have gotten a conclusive report from Halcyon.

I am hard headed for sure. During the heyday of the G250 series I was still chugging on an old USD Royal Aqua Master or an antique USD Mistral and eschewing plastic fantastics for my fleet of USD/AL 1085s. During my earlier times I worked at a Scubapro store but it was pre G250 and I never cared for the 109 due to it's tiny exhaust valve compared to the 1085. It was Robert Couvillon that finally brought me into the light and the goodness of the G250 :). Better late than never I guess. I still do not care for the 109, but now, the 156 CE big valve, uh, yes, nice :wink:.

A 1085 with a roller lever, adjustable orifice, diver adjustable spring tension, composite cover on the brass (okay dreaming, make it titanium) body, I would drop the G250 like a hot potato. There is this, close:

Halcyon could have said there is nothing wrong with the regulator, that it is the user, or they could have fixed the issue, assuming there is one, but in this case silence is not golden. The Halcyon being a G250 which itself dates back to 1980 is not exactly a new and unproven design. It is perplexing.

Edit to add, I am not dismissing the OP or anyone else who says they have repeated problems as described throughout this thread. And to further add, the 1085 comes up because it and similar non-balanced regulators like some of the Mares line are known to have a very smooth and progressive Venturi and I do agree to some extent that the G250 and it's ilk sometimes may feel like they are shifting gears as the Venturi kicks in and sucks the diaphragm down.

Back
Top Bottom