Halcyon H75P + Halo (weird?) cranking effort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is a good point. I'm in the process of getting new Scubapro original complete poppet sets, new springs, new balance chambers and new levers (for my two Halos).

By doing that I'm virtually replacing the "bowels" of my Halcyon converting in some kind of Scubapro.

Today I think the problem is in some part provided in Halcyon service kit, but cannot compare because I have no SP regs. Once I've receive these parts I want to see:
- if there is any difference in one of these parts.
- If replacing these part my regs become "normal" and I can stop hating them.

As soon as I get some infor I'll update here. in the meantime I'm veeery keen to hear about any feedback from Halcyon.
Did you ever try using an SP service kit?

I called Halcyon a while back and they said that rotating the diaphragm so that the lever makes contact with a smooth spot might resolve the issue.

Weird... I have a MK 20 + G250 and it breathes perfectly fine, even long after servicing. But i dive in freshwater only, maybe that makes a difference?

I've finally solved my problem... after even replaced the whole inside wirh Scubapro original parts.... I've got brand new Apeks regs which works like a charm.
So the new poppet assembly didn’t help?

I called Halcyon a while back and they said that rotating the diaphragm so that the lever makes contact with a smooth spot might resolve the issue.
Sounds like a quick workaround to friction between lever and contact disk on diaphragm; which would also explain a 2 stage movement (static then dynamic friction)
I read somewhere (could be this exact thread- spotty memory 😅) that fine sanding (high grit micromesh) the disk also helps

So the new poppet assembly didn’t help?
I've basically replaced the whole inside by original Scubapro parts, nut still the same. I have not replaces the diaphragm.....

As you guys can see I've opened this thread 2 years ago and I've been trying to get better breath since them, but life it's too short to expend it fixing my regs, so I've just gave up and got new Apeks regulators.

This issue could be just a subjective feeling... but the annoying "pop" issue, which is very objective. But to be honest breathing from my Apeks is much better than from my Halcyons, When diving in quite caves my breath is veeeeeery relaxed, so most of the time the cranking effort is high because I don't reach the bloody "pop" point.

I've basically replaced the whole inside by original Scubapro parts, nut still the same. I have not replaces the diaphragm.....

As you guys can see I've opened this thread 2 years ago and I've been trying to get better breath since them, but life it's too short to expend it fixing my regs, so I've just gave up and got new Apeks regulators.

This issue could be just a subjective feeling... but the annoying "pop" issue, which is very objective. But to be honest breathing from my Apeks is much better than from my Halcyons, When diving in quite caves my breath is veeeeeery relaxed, so most of the time the cranking effort is high because I don't reach the bloody "pop" point.
I’m sorry to hear that, I actually came across this thread recently as I’m trying to restore a couple of g250v
I suspect the diaphragm disk still, one of my g250v has a bit rusty one so mightbe able to recreate this issue — I would understand if you’ve fully moved on from all the frustrations
I’m glad you at least found a reg that works comfortably for you
If you’re ditching the 75/Halos i would be interested btw

I’m sorry to hear that, I actually came across this thread recently as I’m trying to restore a couple of g250v
I suspect the diaphragm disk still, one of my g250v has a bit rusty one so mightbe able to recreate this issue — I would understand if you’ve fully moved on from all the frustrations
I’m glad you at least found a reg that works comfortably for you
If you’re ditching the 75/Halos i would be interested btw
I have them for sale as a DIR configuration double tank regulators set. They are in Spain y you want them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom