H valve set up ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjchandler:
I,m not sure how you would go about this

Just depress the purge when taking a breath.

The symptoms are the same whether it's the exhaust exhaust valve or the diaphragm that's fouled. A cracked housing or any kind of a leak in the second stage will also cause the reg to flood.

IMO, this is an example of a simple skill that I woldn't want to dive (solo or with a buddy) without. It's also a skill that most divers aren't introduced too until they begine technical training.

How many here do a negative pressure test on their regs before a dive?

MikeFerrara:
Just depress the purge when taking a breath.

The symptoms are the same whether it's the exhaust exhaust valve or the diaphragm that's fouled. A cracked housing or any kind of a leak in the second stage will also cause the reg to flood.

IMO, this is an example of a simple skill that I woldn't want to dive (solo or with a buddy) without. It's also a skill that most divers aren't introduced too until they begine technical training.

How many here do a negative pressure test on their regs before a dive?

I do , before every dive. I had a reg with a hole in the diapham that let water in. what a shock to breath in a shot glass of water, so now before I charge the reg I try to breath in , if no air comes in the reg is opperating properly.

That was a very good question.

Back
Top Bottom