Guru No More

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might consider however giving the moderators the ability to get together once in awhile to select a few people with consistently good posts (well thought out, polite, useful, etc.) for some other tag. e.g. Trusted Agent. Maybe have to be a supporter as well to be considered for the honor.

There are definitely some people here that are very good at helping people out and I think that they deserve some recognition as well as a highlight that lets others know they are worth listening to.

Might consider a thanks/post ratio requirement as well.

Ever visited us in Heidi and Lionfish thread? The expression: unintended consequences comes to mind! Watch what you wish for. :D

I've been called a hit-and-run poster. My post counts per thread are low. I get in once, maybe twice with a post, and then I'm outta' the thread. I mean really, how many ways/times do I need to give my opinion on snorkels in one thread? Some people like to make the same argument over and over on every page.

Most of my SB Guru's have changed their titles anyway.

Edit:

Now I am confused...this morning none of the people on this thread showed a post count, now some do and some don't.

Why is that? If the only change is truly Guru getting ousted for veteran, then it's a non issue (and pre-morning coffee brain fart on my part.)
I think you may well be mistaken here. My post count has never been hidden. I have considered it for similar reasons as given for this thread, but have rejected the idea. A post count only reflects that a poster is experienced on the board itself and I don't mind that being known so I can assist others who may request such at times. I have changed my Sig to help avoid those who don't understand that from making wrong assumptions about other things I do, like scuba dive, but that's it for now.
You might consider however giving the moderators the ability to get together once in awhile to select a few people with consistently good posts (well thought out, polite, useful, etc.) for some other tag. e.g. Trusted Agent. Maybe have to be a supporter as well to be considered for the honor.

There are definitely some people here that are very good at helping people out and I think that they deserve some recognition as well as a highlight that lets others know they are worth listening to.

Might consider a thanks/post ratio requirement as well.
Ah, the officially recognized SB voices? No thanks. They can enlighten us on their profiles if they'd like to but many choose "Not Certified" for whatever reasons - so let their posts speak for themselves.
so umm . . . .
We were just thinking about you, but you made your point.

If the only change is truly Guru getting ousted for veteran, then it's a non issue (and pre-morning coffee brain fart on my part.)

Yes... It was.

does this scare anyone else?!?!?!

You mean Dandy Don thinking?:shocked2: That IS scary! (sorry pal...it was just sitting there!):rofl3:

Anyway....How do you get the "customized" titles? Is that a donation or "esteemed honor" sort of thing?

How does one become a "Supreme Natterer"?

And why isn't there titles for those above 5,000 posts?

10k posts = Opinionated

20k posts = Wants a life

30k posts = Needs a life :admin:

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom