Guru No More

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HowardE

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
It's come to our attention that some newer members may associate the quantity of posts with the quality, and or knowledge of the poster. To better reflect that post count = participation and no more; we have revised the user titles assigned when a post count milestone is reached. They are as follows:

(Title) (min posts)
New Member 0
Junior Member 25
Regular Member 50
Senior Member 500
ScubaBoard Enthusiast 1000
ScubaBoard Veteran 5000

:)

What? I'm like stuck with "Chairman of the 'Board" now!

It's a good change and should help the noobs realize that post count and competency are not one in the same.

Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You

Can I thank Howard's post more than once...?

Can I thank Howard's post more than once...?

If you make a sock puppet. :popcorn:

I'm just kidding! DON'T try this at home, or on ScubaBoard! :no:

Click him for me will ya...?

Does this mean I'm your sock puppet now? :rofl3:

When I was in 4th grade the teacher had a board on the wall and you got a star for every book you read. I read significant paperbacks with 150-200 pages and vied for the lead with another student who read Dr. Suess sized books. Not fair at all if measured by the page and even less so if measured by the word, but even then I recognized that quality counts and more imnportantly, that he struggled to read and that if being in the lead kept him motivated to read more books than it was a good thing. About half way through the year, the teacher thanked me for not making an issue of it.

That was 4th grade and this however is scubaboard, so I guess I need to expect less. I have been here a few years and have a lot of posts compared to the average, but I have also never been known for short posts and while I have had some spectacular brain farts now and then, and on occassion have had some strong opinions that differ from the lemmings, the quality has bene generally good. Like 4th grade, I never associated one with the other. And you don't have to be here long or in the pub for more than a few minutes to realize who posts one liners just to up the post count.

So this change will now require people like that to post madly to reach the next level, rather than to just add more posts and once they reach Scubaboard Veteran status, (and for the large number already there) that status won't mean anything either. Actually you'll know even less about all the members who use a custom title.

I never saw the problem so I susppose it is no surprise that I fail to see how this provides a solution.

Back
Top Bottom