How To Change User Titles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

None of the group affiliations y'all are complaining about allow you better access to the site. Just remove yourselves from those 'offensive' user groups and nothing will change but your user title. We don't like the current system either, but there's nothing we can do about it until someone writes a better mod for it. It's a pain in our collective butts at this point. If you want full control over your user group, you'll just have to Go Red or learn to live with it.

"Join user group" didn't show me as belonging to solo divers. I joined and exited. Let's see if that worked.

Yep. That did it.

how do i change my status from public safety diver, i made the mistake of signing up to this board and marked myself as public safety diver...

Removed^, if you want to display something else follow the instruction in the first post in this thread:
You can join a User Group by hovering over your user name in the top right of your screen then select Join User Groups in the menu.

Last edited:
This is pretty much the reaction I had. I'm not anti DIR, or pro DIR, but think there are some interesting things that are worthy of discussion. How exactly does that make me a DIR practitioner? To automatically get tagged as something you are not is somewhere between annoying and useless. It is even more annoying that it can not be changed by the end user that is affected. I solo dive which is most assuredly not DIR. But the bots on this site don't seem to know that.
Sorry, I overlooked this post last month. You're now a Solo Diver.

It's not a "bot" it's an affiliation with the highest level user group selected. As mentioned by Netdoc - some of them are defaults in the groups module and can't normally be over-ridden except by selecting a different group.

Barracuda is the default based on your post count.

Not every group has an affiliated title so that will remain if you join(ed) one of those groups.

If you join a group that has an associated title there is a hierarchy so it will change.

What does joining a group do (other than possibly changing your title)? Is there a secret forum for each group that you can only see by joining that group or something?

Back
Top Bottom