GUE Literature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last I noticed, Extreme Exposure still had books on their shelf for sale.
Those are not the course material. There is good stuff there, but it is not the course documents. Some of those you get as part of the mountain of supplementary documents in the download package you get when you register, at least that is what I saw with fundamentals.

I was looking st the list of GUE Literature and was wondering, is there a certain book for rec 1,2,3 fundamentals, and tech 1,2,3, etc? Or do books cover multiple classes?

I ask because I would like to purchase the books for rec 1,2,3 and fundamentals just to read on my own so that I can get a head start on the knowledge side of things.
There are 2 books available that will help with what you want.
The Fundamentals of better Diving - this is quite old now, but a lot of the info is still good. Just remember that it was first published almost 20 years ago.
Beginning with the end in mind - this was created as the companion for the Rec1 class, And is pretty good when it comes to diving theory etc.

As others have said, the classes are more about the physical skills.

Hth
John

Back
Top Bottom