GUE Literature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

markbmullins

Registered
Reaction score
I was looking st the list of GUE Literature and was wondering, is there a certain book for rec 1,2,3 fundamentals, and tech 1,2,3, etc? Or do books cover multiple classes?

I ask because I would like to purchase the books for rec 1,2,3 and fundamentals just to read on my own so that I can get a head start on the knowledge side of things.

Yes, they are all different.

There are two ways to get them.

1/ Take the courses (you will get the material as you register, well in advance of your course)

2/ Gold or higher membership (to access all, the Silver/Bronze will allow you access to 2/1 course literature/year).

_R

Yes, they are all different.

There are two ways to get them.

1/ Take the courses (you will get the material as you register, well in advance of your course)

2/ Gold or higher membership (to access all, the Silver/Bronze will allow you access to 2/1 course literature/year).

_R

But the books used are the ones listed on the site so I could purchase them at any time, correct?

No, they are not the class material. Rather supplemental reading (which have little to do with the actual course content, aside from say fundamentals)

You only get it with the above mentioned 2 ways.

_R

No, they are not the class material. Rather supplemental reading (which have little to do with the actual course content, aside from say fundamentals)

You only get it with the above mentioned 2 ways.

_R

Dang. Wish I could get the course material to read for fun.

Dang. Wish I could get the course material to read for fun.
The class notes are just that - notes to go along with the instructors presentation. They are very bare bones. There is a lot of information packed in, but the instructors lecture is pretty much essential to understand the material, as they they add a lot of context and stuff. There is also a small mountain of supplementary material that you typically get too.

The class notes are just that - notes to go along with the instructors presentation. They are very bare bones. There is a lot of information packed in, but the instructors lecture is pretty much essential to understand the material, as they they add a lot of context and stuff. There is also a small mountain of supplementary material that you typically get too.

That's understandable. I am definitely and independent learner, and I thought the GUE books would be a broad source of diving information presented in more of a text book form rather than a more conversational book style. I am always looking to learn about scuba and the DIR mentality interests me. On top of that, I planned on doing some GUE training when I'm more financially independent.

Edit: That being said, the Navy diving manual actually has too much information and isn't presented in an approachable way at all, so I guess I'd like something that's a mix of that and say PADIs course slides.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom