General Vortex Incident Discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The diver was reported missing on Friday, Aug 20th. He may have been missing since Wednesday, Aug 18th. The video says it was taken on the 20th, the day he was reported missing. Presumably after the recovery teams went in looking for him. Although, why Vortex would have had other divers in the water and allowing them to video while a recovery effort is in progress is beyond me.

Ah, makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

The most recent news article I could find (9/2,) said they found two of Ben's tanks. Since deepswim went in before the first recovery team, could that have been Ben's tank in the video? I don't understand how he could have gotten in there after they put down tanks. Wasnt' the area closed off?

Yes that's right I went there before 1*recovery team dive into;

A minutes before I dove down, I seen a lot of R-team tanks placed on a docks. Trere fore I thought this tank in a tonnel left for R-team decmpr stage. Please Forgive me if I was wrong

Perhaps I shal not mention to whom this tank belongs, I just found it there.

Once again the Water Friday night August 20 was OPEN.
Saturday 21 August WATER WAS CLOSE for all divers, exept R-teams.

In RESPECT to Lost-Cave-Diver,
Saturday evening Aug21 I made 2 DVD with all video files what I filmed July31.
One DVD contaned data-files, another made for DVD-player.
I asked local diver Eduardo T, to give those DVDs to a famyly of LostDiver.
nik

p.s. all times; Before I dive into water, I press camera button runn/record/film. After done and get on a dock I stop camera.

September 11 2010 Police removed they lock from cave-gate it The Piano Room
By Now cave oficialy open for public with limitation; You have to present a CaveDiving Certification. This last msg I've got Sept12 in Vortex from admin.

September 11 2010 Police removed they lock from cave-gate it The Piano Room
By Now cave oficialy open for public with limitation; You have to present a CaveDiving Certification. This last msg I've got Sept12 in Vortex from admin.

Well if the cave is open, the search is over. They either found him or didn't find him.
Had they found him, the news reports would have said so. Got to wonder what the water samples showed.

Thankfully the searchers stayed safe.

Hopefully, regardless of what really happened Aug 18th, there is a heightend awareness about the importance of appropriate training for overhead environments, and for the value of honesty and good decision making.

Well if the cave is open, the search is over. They either found him or didn't find him.
Had they found him, the news reports would have said so. Got to wonder what the water samples showed.
Indeed.
Thankfully the searchers stayed safe.

Hopefully, regardless of what really happened Aug 18th, there is a heightend awareness about the importance of appropriate training for overhead environments, and for the value of honesty and good decision making.
Amen!

So no news yet whether he has been found ? Amazing that they allow divers in again. Hope this gets cleared up soon. My thoughts are with those involved.

So no news yet whether he has been found ? Amazing that they allow divers in again. Hope this gets cleared up soon. My thoughts are with those involved.

Why is that amazing?

Why is that amazing?
I was thinking the same thing. It will be a great story for their Halloween special event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom