General Vortex Incident Discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't hire a smoker knowingly, let alone do a big dive with one. When I've worked with them in the past they're good for about an hour, then they get distracted and watch the clock for a smoke break. Certainly not someone I would want to do a big dive with.

That being said, I would gladly do a recreational dive with them while quitting.

I have to agree. I am currently working with patients who are forced to accept 4 smoke breaks a day. Believe me they are all jone-zing big time till that next cigarette. They have Dr's orders for nicorette gum every two hours and most of them don't miss that opportunity.

boring :/
Back on track. Since you guys did a thorough search what is your theory on Ben?
Is the cave that straightforward that there is no where for him to "hide?"

I know these questions are late in the game...but I have been busy at my new job with substance abuse addicts/PTSD war survivors and the mentally ill!

Thanks in advance Mat/Kevin.

Only on SB could a thread about a missing, presumed deceased, non-certified, diver in a cave end up with a photo of two women sharing a marshmallow.:shakehead:
You started it with your bragging about spanking!

Before they pay for different divers, they should pay the guys who have already been in searching. Have they offered to reimburse their expenses yet?

Why should they? I don't think anyone was forced to offer their assistance at the beginning of this thing. They were helping in a situation that is of their expertise.
Not to mention the ongoing intrigue, and banter this incident has generated.

I have been tempted to enter the piano room myself...now I fear the cave god will strike me with deadly lightening if I proceed. I have watched all the videos posted with shock and awe.

... how many diver incidents or fatalities can you cite that were directly related to smoking?
How many divers that smoked have died - or been injured - by embolism? I don't know, but I'll bet even money that many of the survivors "never held my breath."
I don't know if any studies have been done to see if there's any statistical correlation between smoking and diving lung injury compared to the non-smoking diving population... I imagine the stats are so sparse that they fall into the "statistically insignificant" pile, as do nearly all diving injuries. But I stick by my point: Diving is another good reason to quit smoking.
:)
Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom