General Vortex Incident Discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you prove a negative?

They have found no trace of a body. They cannot "know" there is a body in there, unless they find a trace. Our finest cave divers have searched every accessible inch. I believe there is not a body in the cave.

:hm: That doesn't mean there won't be a ghost, though . . . .

I didn't know they've found no trace of a body. Last I read was they wouldn't comment either way. I was talking about if they knew for sure he was in there, the decent thing to do would be to say so. Don't even get me going on ghosts.....

If the authorities know there's still a body in there, letting people know is the decent thing to do. Not only does it have biohazard potential, there's the ick factor involved, too.

I'll confess that off the top of my head I don't know the average volume of pee produced per dive (pppd), but I'm betting that the pee produced from 100 OW students every Saturday and Sunday would outdistance the ick produced from a single 200 pound human. Especially when you consider that it's now been cold filtered through a thousand pounds of limestone and clay :coffee:

I'll confess that off the top of my head I don't know the average volume of pee produced per dive (pppd), but I'm betting that the pee produced from 100 OW students every Saturday and Sunday would outdistance the ick produced from a single 200 pound human. Especially when you consider that it's now been cold filtered through a thousand pounds of limestone and clay :coffee:

I'm not afraid of pee, my own or other people's. The ick I mention is the morbid ick factor.

I'm not afraid of pee, my own or other people's. The ick I mention is the morbid ick factor.

:yuck: I think Hetland's ick factor is more morbid than yours . . . .

The body has not been found. The cave is open to diving. Whether the body is in there or not is still in question, but several divers have already been in there and not found definitive proof of a body. Please do not go dive Vortex to try to find anything. If you find something, great! But if you go looking for something you will likely only become another body to find.

. Especially when you consider that it's now been cold filtered through a thousand pounds of limestone and clay :coffee:

And eels, don't forget the eels.

Just for the record - Deepswim (Nik) is not a troll - He is the real thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom