Question GoPro Cover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use to have one for the older style (smaller) gopro's can't remember where I got it. I've switched to using a lens on mine,
it came with a cover :)
How do you like this? Is it necessary on the newer GoPro models? Does it add much bulk?

Hello

I have the GoPro mounted on my right hand. So I clip off the right D-ring when I start the dive and leave it on my right hand until I get out of the water. The front lens can be replaced AFAIK.

Best wishes Jens

How do you like this? Is it necessary on the newer GoPro models? Does it add much bulk?

Not sure if its necessary as I've never done a side by side comparison but I feel like it 'fixes' the edges underwater so they are not so distorted when using the normal wide mode on the gopro. Also I should note that I linked to the wrong one, I actually have this one,

Yes it adds bulk, but I have it mounted on the top of my camera tray, so w/ the TG6, lights it's not an issue w/ my setup.

camera.png

for go-pro, the off-brand cases are like 15$. just use them till you don't like the look and get a new one!

for go-pro, the off-brand cases are like 15$. just use them till you don't like the look and get a new one!
I tried that route first, and had a leak within a month so I decided to stick with the official GoPro cases. Maybe just my bad luck, but didn’t think it was worth rolling the dice.

I tried that route first, and had a leak within a month so I decided to stick with the official GoPro cases. Maybe just my bad luck, but didn’t think it was worth rolling the dice.

I highly agree with you regarding 3rd party housings, however I have had older GoPro cases leak as well with sub 100ft dives. I just replace them after a year now no matter what. With the gopro subscription its a drop in the bucket.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom