General Vortex Incident Discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops, sorry for doubting his veracity, it just seemed like his post about planning to do tricks in the piano room was designed to outrage cave divers. My bad.

If I do diving with buddy, I do/sett dive-plan before dive.
For July31 my Buddy was/is a new diver. He wanted to be cool.

Please forgive my engelsk
What does it mean ***troll***? Does it simelar like trolling-motor?

tahnx
nik

If I do diving with buddy, I do/sett dive-plan before dive.
For July31 my Buddy was/is a new diver. He wanted to be cool.

Please forgive my engelsk
What does it mean ***troll***? Does it simelar like trolling-motor?

tahnx
nik

No, a troll is someone who makes posts that are not intended to be serious but are instead intended to get people upset and cause arguments. Your initial post was mistaken as such a post because it shows you walking on the ceiling of a cave, which is guaranteed to get cave divers upset because we try so very hard not to harm cave formations in any way.

The most recent news article I could find (9/2,) said they found two of Ben's tanks. Since deepswim went in before the first recovery team, could that have been Ben's tank in the video? I don't understand how he could have gotten in there after they put down tanks. Wasnt' the area closed off?

The most recent news article I could find (9/2,) said they found two of Ben's tanks. Since deepswim went in before the first recovery team, could that have been Ben's tank in the video? I don't understand how he could have gotten in there after they put down tanks. Wasnt' the area closed off?

The video was taken on July 31. Ben went missing after that.

His other videos are dated a couple of days after the incident. They do not go beyond the gate in them.

No, I mean in the "part 1," video. The captions by deepswim say the bottle in the cave was put there by the first search team. I'm just wondering if that could have actually been one of Ben''s tanks that was found later.

No, I mean in the "part 1," video. The captions by deepswim say the bottle in the cave was put there by the first search team. I'm just wondering if that could have actually been one of Ben''s tanks that was found later.

I'm fairly certain that was not Ben's tanks. If I'm reading the dates right, this video was done after two days of search had already been completed.

I thought he went missing on Wed the 28th? This video was taken Friday the 30th, supposedly before the first search team but after he was reported missing. That's assuming the dates are accurate in the video captions. He didn't put the video on youtube until the 25th.

YouTube - deepswim's Channel

I thought he went missing on Wed the 28th? This video was taken Friday the 30th, supposedly before the first search team but after he was reported missing. That's assuming the dates are accurate in the video captions. He didn't put the video on youtube until the 25th.

YouTube - deepswim's Channel

The diver was reported missing on Friday, Aug 20th. He may have been missing since Wednesday, Aug 18th. The video says it was taken on the 20th, the day he was reported missing. Presumably after the recovery teams went in looking for him. Although, why Vortex would have had other divers in the water and allowing them to video while a recovery effort is in progress is beyond me.

:hijack:
Wow Rick. I would have figured you'd have better air consumption than that, even with a 72. :)
You'd think that, wouldn't you?
Heh, heh, heh... :D
Rick
>>> end :hijack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom