General Vortex Incident Discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don do no steenkin caves . . .

the K-ave "NOT"

I still can't get past the guy back there in the shorty... yeah, I know he has nothing to do with Ben, but i've been in that water, I couldn't dive it in a shorty.

Even worse, I don't think its a shorty. I think he's wearing shorts and a vest style BCD with no shirt underneath. They had a deco obligation too. Brrrrr.

For those that can't see what she posted, its just a post informing that information gathered will not be revealed until the Sheriff decides what and when to reveal it. Looks like Harry just won't give up on the idea that he is in there.

Do I understand that they (search team) can't even say if they find him?:confused:

Do I understand that they (search team) can't even say if they find him?:confused:

Correct. Official statements have tp first be released by the agency in charge. Being an ICURR diver comes with a lot of responsibility. That's why the people who have actually been involved with this search, including several others who were asked to be part of the dive teams can say very little about the dives.

I still can't get past the guy back there in the shorty... yeah, I know he has nothing to do with Ben, but i've been in that water, I couldn't dive it in a shorty.

Lots of people dive in shorties there and other springs. I see swimmers in the springs in nothing but swim suits! I'm with you. I have to be in my dry suit most dives.

Correct. Official statements have tp first be released by the agency in charge. Being an ICURR diver comes with a lot of responsibility. That's why the people who have actually been involved with this search, including several others who were asked to be part of the dive teams can say very little about the dives.
Basically once the IUCRR gets in charge, we'll never see any additional information except on rare occasions.

I recently talked with someone who as involved with the IUCRR a while ago. It's a lot of work getting a report published unfortunately. I don't know if the IUCRR doesn't have the manpower or what.

Wuss! Me too!

And proud of it!!!

ucfdiver:
Basically once the IUCRR gets in charge, we'll never see any additional information except on rare occasions.

I recently talked with someone who as involved with the IUCRR a while ago. It's a lot of work getting a report published unfortunately. I don't know if the IUCRR doesn't have the manpower or what.

It's not a matter of manpower. It's a matter of working with law enforcement. The IUCRR operates as an arm of the law during recovery operations. While the case is being investigated, information can only be released by law enforcement. Once the case is closed, it becomes public record. By that point, interest has waned. Some cases also don't seem to close for one reason or another. The IUCRR is also basically one person who volunteers his time. While there are several IUCRR divers, there are very few that can post reports on the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom