General Vortex Incident Discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
while walking on a cave ceiling isn't the best thing for the cave, he might have something add to this thread as he was one of the last people to 'dive' with him.

His videos also give all of us a glimpse into Ben's diving philosophies. If one studies the videos closely, several glaring issues in gear choices are quite obvious, not withstanding his choice to dive into a cave after being informed of the dangers of doing so without training.

His videos also give all of us a glimpse into Ben's diving philosophies. If one studies the videos closely, several glaring issues in gear choices are quite obvious, not withstanding his choice to dive into a cave after being informed of the dangers of doing so without training.

where are these videos? i must've missed a link somewheres...

If you want to see the video with a little more light added to it.
I may have added too much light, but got tired of messing around with the filtering. But can see a few more details

Ben McDaniel at Vortex Springs

that is a damn strange cave.
Indeed. I was there last Vortoberfest, but I didn't make it to the Piano room. Maybe this year.

Yeah, Vortex isn't worth the extra effort to dive... hell, its the closest easy access cave to me and I happily pass it up every weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom