Future of OC trimix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You don’t need to do trimix depths to do ANDP.

I'm actually saying that it's not necessary to dive as deep as 40m/130ft for ANDP.

The point of ANDP is to exceed the NDLs using accelerated decompression techniques. All of that is way more useful shallower than the limit of ~45m/150ft
Unless the standards have changed since I left TDI, you don't need to do a decompression dive to be certified AN/DP.

I don't think that I ever heard anyone claiming that CCR is "safer" than OC as a general statement, and I know a lot of people who sell rebreathers. The most common version of this is the (true) point that there are specific situations where a rebreather gives you a option for survival that an OC diver doesn't have. No need to straw man the argument...
What are they if the rebreather fails. Which is the most likely scenario.

What are they if the rebreather fails. Which is the most likely scenario.
Are you asking about the scenario where you have a rebreather failure AND one of the situations described upthread where CCR has a safety advantage that OC doesn’t have? Not sure I understand your point…

Are you asking about the scenario where you have a rebreather failure AND one of the situations described upthread where CCR has a safety advantage that OC doesn’t have? Not sure I understand your point…
I believe a poster claimed that with a rebreather you can wait a few hours while a silt out clears, but if that's the dive plan then you have to carry enough bailout in the event the rebreather fails. Just because you get lucky and you happen to be using a rebreather is no way to plan a dive.

I believe a poster claimed that with a rebreather you can wait a few hours while a silt out clears, but if that's the dive plan then you have to carry enough bailout in the event the rebreather fails. Just because you get lucky and you happen to be using a rebreather is no way to plan a dive.
Of course that’s not the dive plan, it’s a mode of survival that the CCR offers.

So if your point is that if you get into a bad siltout or lose the line in a cave AND your rebreather fails, yes then I agree you are SOL.

But the reason we don’t plan for two simultaneous catastrophic failures is that if we had to do that, we wouldn’t dive. As has been mentioned MANY times in these threads over the years.

Is the current shortage still a transition phase while petroleum facilities get back on line to capturing He now that the US stockpile has been largely sold off? That was my understanding from a bit ago.

Of course that’s not the dive plan, it’s a mode of survival that the CCR offers.

So if your point is that if you get into a bad siltout or lose the line in a cave AND your rebreather fails, yes then I agree you are SOL.

But the reason we don’t plan for two simultaneous catastrophic failures is that if we had to do that, we wouldn’t dive. As has been mentioned MANY times in these threads over the years.
Well if that's the case don't use a rebreather because bailout is part and parcel of safe rebreather use , you must carry enough bailout for all scenario's

Well if that's the case don't use a rebreather because bailout is part and parcel of safe rebreather use , you must carry enough bailout for all scenario's
All scenarios? Where did you read that?

All scenarios? Where did you read that?
Well if not all, what situations do you not plan for. Bailout out is supposed to replace the main system. On open circuit I'll plan for all scenario's.

...you must carry enough bailout for all scenario's
How much should you you bring in case the evil Voldemort not only incapacitates your rebreather, he also creates a landslide in the cave so that you have to go put another tunnel with more than 1.3 miles of extra distance?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom