Freedom Plate poll

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think that is the big question. Hopefully we will hear about them soon but I am not holding my breath.

Anyone here actually has a Freedom Plate? Hopefully we will hear from Eric. I'm interested in one.

I'll let him know about this thread because it seems like he hasn't signed into scubaboard for months.

Last edited:
Please give us an update!

Eric did a run of 10 plates and told folks on a local board about them about 6 weeks ago and 8 went immediately. Two of us from ScubaBoard heard about it and got the remaining two.

The plate is awesome. I'm using mine with an Oxycheq 30# Mach V Extreme. I have had it wet several times and it is the best feeling backplate I've had (next in line is the Oxycheq Ultra-Lite). The design for the cambands going through the plate is better than I anticipated.

The plate will ONLY work with a Mach V wing - the spacing of the camband slots and the built in STA will not work with another wing.

It works well with a standard reg and is the best plate, next to an old plastic back-pac, for diving my Double Hose PRAM.

Eric said he was going to start making some more shortly - hopefully this time he will offer them to ScubaBoard members first.

TN Traveler,

I found the other board and Eric mentioned a larger run next time. He also talks about three different sizes maybe soon be available. You have the new Micro correct? If so how much does it weigh?

Mine weighs just over 2#. I found that it was about 2# heavier with a 30# Mach V Extreme than my Oxycheq Ultra-Lite with an 18# Mach V Signature - similarly configured with XS Scuba weight pockets, same cambands, and a 2" crotch strap (w/o scooter ring) vs 1" on the ultra-lite.

If Eric had gotten the Freedom Plate out before I bought the Ultra-Lite, I might not have 3 set-ups. :D:D

I have not had enough dive time to compare the two fully as they are currently configured (originally had the 30# Extreme on the ultra-lite) - need a couple of days to mix and match - probably at the end of the month. I'll report back with my findings if anyone is interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom