Freedom Plate poll

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The weight of the latest Freedom Plate is almost the same as an AL plate - just slightly over 2# - not even close to most SS plates. If you look at BSea's pictures you can see how it is cut away to remove almost all unneeded metal.

yup. it looks great. but looking at it doesn't do me any good. its like waving a nice piece of juicy steak to a dog that hasn't eaten in weeks :depressed:

It really is designed to act like the old USD plastic back-pac. It works great with a Double Hose Reg because it tilts the tank toward your shoulders - loosen the shoulder straps a little, so the reg is between the shoulder blades. The slots for the cambands are long enough that there is great latitude for positioning the tank.

i wish i have one that i can play with so i know what u r talking about. lol unfortunately, i don't think i won't be able to find 1 for sale anywhere. i'v tried. :shakehead: ebay, craigslist, HERE! only freedom plates i can buy are plates with "FREEDOM" written all over it.

With SS prices down, maybe Eric will be able to make some more and sell them at a reasonable price.

i'll pay the same price he sold them for last year!!! :wink:

but yea, i'm still keeping an eye out to see if i can acquire. hopefully b4 my trip this summer or my other trip in december.

TN-T, btw, how has ur Ultra lite plate been holding up? have u used it a fair amount of times? is it durable? i just want to know so i know where some of my tax return will be going to. :D

I probably have 25 dives on my UltraLite and it still looks new. I've seen no signs of wear.

It takes a little bit of work to set it up - making sure you thread the cambands through the plate properly, so the tank is stable - but it is great once you get it done.

It actually is much easier to remove in the water than a standard harness - since the webbing slides easily at the waist - loosening the shoulder straps. Once thing I did find is it is much more stable underwater if you retighten it once submerged - just hard to get it snug when putting it on in the boat.

I have a 1" crotch strap on mine - only because it stabilizes it better when doing backrolls into the water (the reg doesn't hit me in the back of the head). :crafty:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom