small freedom plate compatibility with Apeks wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seefa

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am interested in ordering a freedom plate in size small but I can't figure out if it would fit my existing Apeks wings. I am happy to use it with or without an STA (prefer both options obviously but currently dive my rig with an STA)

I understand that the freedom plate in size small has 9.5 inch spacing but when I measured the holes on my wings I could find 11 inches and could find a little over 9 inches but not exactly 9.5 inches so I am not entirely sure if I am measuring it correctly and of course I have no way of finding out if the slots line up.

My questions are:
1. does anyone have experience with pairing the two?
2. if the standard freedom plate does not fit, does Eric do custom sizing or modifications?

My wings are in excellent condition and I love diving them and Eric's plates are a work of art that I must have!

Thank you

Wet the wing that's closest to 9" and give it a stretch.
I have to pull a little on my DGX to get the holes to line up on my freedom plate.

both wings have the exact same hole configuration and they're both too solid to stretch :(
I recently found that the xs plate has 11inch spacing so when/if my turn comes I will ask @Eric Sedletzky if the spacing and slots are customizable at all.

slot spacing doesn't work with standard cam bands because the apeks wing isn't standard spacing, you might be able to get dive rite slim travel bands to work. sta should be ok but defeats purpose of freedom plate to an extent.

slot spacing doesn't work with standard cam bands because the apeks wing isn't standard spacing, you might be able to get dive rite slim travel bands to work. sta should be ok but defeats purpose of freedom plate to an extent.
Do you know if it is possible to have the slot spacing customized when ordering the plate?
I am honestly not sure if the plates are still being made or what the currently available options or prices are. The information available on the forums is from 2018-2019.

How's about you remove the grommets as I do on all my wings, as the unnecessary lump is unnecessary
also I extend slots with a little slit rather than grinding and welding steel or asking someone elso to do it

for that you go here

You can also just use the top hole and leave the bottom unattached. Once the tank is on, it's all connected anyways. Use two tank bands, though.

How's about you remove the grommets as I do on all my wings, as the unnecessary lump is unnecessary
also I extend slots with a little slit rather than grinding and welding steel or asking someone elso to do it

for that you go here

here is a revolutionary idea, since these plates are handmade to order how about I ask if the person who makes em can make em to fit my needs from the start instead of ripping through my wing to get it to fit

going by your logic, why ask anyone to make me a plate in the first place? or a wing for that matter? Should I stop at regulators or make my own while I'm at it? did you also build the computer you used to reply to me from transistor by transistor? I ask because I had someone else build all of those things for me....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom