Fort Worth Quarry Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I didn't go on the 11th, but if I go on the 13th it will have to be later in the day because I don't get home from work until around 6 pm, then I"d have to gather my stuff unless I get it all ready tonight.

I just moved up near Blue Mound Rd and Harmond so this place is a stones throw, well maybe not quite that close, but close. Sure would be nice to have a place close to home to play. Dive gear is packed in boxes from the move but will be anxious to find out if the place is divable. I wonder if one of the high school chemistry labs can test the water?

EMTPDiver and I hooked up for this dive a little bit ago, drove all the way down there and realized I forgot my drysuit, had to come back for it.

By the time we got in the water my hands were already good and numb so the water didn't sting too much, gradual slope getting in no real big drop off.

Started out and it dropped off I was like alright it goes, started to descend, hit bottom around 4 feet, ok, time to swim it out.

We ended up swimming a large arc and ended back up against the same bank, EMT then took a heading thinking we could find deeper water, swam and same and then swam back again, max depth 5 feet. Temp reading 43.5 degrees, my coldest dive to date. Vis was around 3 feet, saw several sleeping fish, or frozen whichever.

Getting out was rough, got some breeze going out there and the truck thermomitor read 30.

By the time we got back up to his house, very close by, there was ice hanging off my tailgate from the wet gear.

I had a hard time hanging up my dry suite because it was frozen into a ball shape were i stuff it in the back of the truck, wind chill had to be low because that stuff all froze fast!

All in all, not a good dive spot, but, my curiostiy is now satisfied and I got to meet another scuba boarder.

You ever spot another potential dive hole give me a shout I'll dive it with ya, and you should come on out to travis, lots better than said quarry :)

Alright. Thanks for the report. I will mark this spot off the list.

Alright. Thanks for the report. I will mark this spot off the list.

... and you call yourself a Swampdiver...

:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom