Fort Worth Quarry Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Sorry...I shouldn't laugh....thanks for checking it out....roll of the dice ya know.

5'deep....:rofl3::rofl3:

Hey laugh it up, we were gonna say "oh man diamond in the rough, 80 feet deep 15 foot of visibility!"

Then see how many people show up :)

That's funny....but ya never know about these places.

Back in the mid 80's when I was working at an LDS here, a guy came in the shop and told me about a "great quarry in Celina" that I must go dive. So I went, found it, and did a dive. It was most excellent! 40' deep, at least 20' vis maybe more, lots of plant life and tons of fish. There was also some junk piles and 2 vehicles. One was a stripped out mustang, but the other was fully intact and upside down, a Dodge 4x4. I swam around it for a good while before I finally got up the nerve to rub some algae off the windows (which were closed) and look inside. I had to prepare myself for what might be in there...it was empty. I explored the rest of the quarry....and then told a friend...who told a friend, and so on. It only took a month before the land owners came out with bulldozers and mucked it all up, pushing the dry shallow end into the deeper parts. Shame really.

Out of curiosity I looked on Google Earth...that quarry is still there! Looks pretty nice but they've also built houses around it...and it looks like there's a dock on the east wall. I'll bet it's still a nice dive.

Lat: 33.328694
Lon: -96.764670

Okay, here's my secret...
I've been looking at a quarry just south of Graham, Texas. There are actually three large pits. One is pretty silty, but the other two appear to be much clearer. However, I haven't actually done anything but scope it out from a distance. I've made cursory inquiries, but that's about all. I'll see what I can do to gain access this spring/summer. When I do, I'll let ya'll know and put out the call for fellow explorers. Could be nothing, but then again, it could be that "diamond in the rough".

Why wait until summer? Winter is the perfect time, its too cold for anyone to come mess with you :)

If there are no signs, no gates, or purple markings (yea, I don't get it either) then its good to go, you can't get in trouble for tresspass you can only be told to leave, at which point if you do not leave it becomes crminal tresspass.

10 fingers 11 toes, still normal

I also expected to see more trash, and less fish.

10 fingers 11 toes, still normal

I also expected to see more trash, and less fish.

Fair enough. But it was still only 5 feet, right?

if I went to the deepest part we swam accross and stuck my arm in the mud it might read 6 feet

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom