Fort Worth Quarry Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I fish at Lake Worthless! Channel Cats, Blue Cats, Gar, Carp, Perch, Drum, They all look healthy and Big....Catch and Release only " I don't eat the fish" There is a sign posted No swimming and a warning of PCB in the lake. what about all those people living in lake front property? eeek

I drove out there a little bit ago, decided to see if I would get ran off. No gate, no signs saying I couldn't go there.

Drove all the way around and down to the water, it was getting close to dark so I couldn't really tell the water clarity from the surface, but for sure better than marine creek just up the road, stuck my hand in, the water was pretty cold.

My hand didn't rott off or grow an extra thumb, so far so good.

I did see some empy fish bait containers and some discarded fireworks but for the most part the place was clean, not all trashed up.

There was also a gate at the opposite side I came in, it was open, again no signs, I followed the back gate out and came around out on 287 buisness.

IMG_0071.JPG
IMG_0072.JPG
IMG_0073.JPG
IMG_0074.JPG

I might go out there tomorrow and check it out with some SCUBA

Actually I'm thumbing the dive, I leave for Cozumel Saturday morning, I have my back plate all rigged up for singles and packed in my suitcase, I'd have to get it out and get it wet and with this weather it won't be dry enough to put back in the bag without getting my cloths wet.

Soon as I get back I'll go do a dive in it, probably Friday the 9th or Sunday the 11th, I'll throw a post up here before I go.

How did the shore access look? The times I've done wild quarries the ground is firm enough until you step out into the water, then you sink to your calves....makes entries/egress somewhat difficult.

some spots had exposed rock in the water and there were muck in other spots, other then that the road goes right down to the waters edge so unless you sink in getting out should be just a walk out, no climbing, but I didn't test the bottom with sticks etc as there were none.

I'd love to do the dive with you FIxxervi6, that is if you don't mind having a partner. However, I work on the 9th and 11th. Good days for me would be the 13th, or anytime between the 15th and 18th. Interested?

I'd love to do the dive with you FIxxervi6, that is if you don't mind having a partner. However, I work on the 9th and 11th. Good days for me would be the 13th, or anytime between the 15th and 18th. Interested?

If I don't hit it on the 11th sure, I won't be going on the 9th and the 11th is sketchy since I was out on vacation work has me beat down and I'm in catch up mode, I still need to give my gear a good soak and setup my regs and plate all again for doubles.

With that said warm Cozumel was nice

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom