Fort Worth Quarry Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I pass those guarries all the time. I often wonder if it would be a good dive spot. But, I am not always the most adventurous one to be the first in.

Along the same line, a new girl that started working where I do last summer told me of a place. She said it belongs to her friends Father and it use to be an old Quarry just north of Decatur. I do not remember what road it is off of. She said they swam in it when they were kids and now he opens it up for divers. She said that it had very clear water. She does not remember exactly where it was. Maybe someone on here may know about it.

I'm right down the road from marine creek and that quarry, the one time I looked at marine creek it was really nasty, but that was the summer that travis was 40 feet low, I haven't been back since.

I"m curious about it but not sure why I just haven't checked it out.

I remember why now I've never checked it out, I just drove down there and looked around, marine creek looks to be no vis, I finally figured out how to get close to the other one concrete creek or whatever, it looks to be fed by the abandonded quary just north of 820.

I couldn't get all the way down to the water with my truck it was gated, and there was a sign, I took a picture of it.

IMG_0070.JPG

correction, its surface water un off after looking at the map, but there is another quary just north of it

I remember why now I've never checked it out, I just drove down there and looked around, marine creek looks to be no vis, I finally figured out how to get close to the other one concrete creek or whatever, it looks to be fed by the abandonded quary just north of 820.

I couldn't get all the way down to the water with my truck it was gated, and there was a sign, I took a picture of it.

View attachment 53441

The OP was referring to the site NW of this site on the other side of 820 near the housing.

that would be marine creek then, easy to get to, you could dive it they have signs up with rules but from the looks of the surface 6" of vis would be luck

I drove to Marine Creek, Concrete creek, and tried to get to the other one up north but its all fenced off not sure how one could get down there, I drove through the neighborhood but it was fence the entire way and the edge was like an overhang, looked very not safe to approach, there is a sloap on the side opposite the neighborhood but I didn't go look

Untitled.jpg

I drove to Marine Creek, Concrete creek, and tried to get to the other one up north but its all fenced off not sure how one could get down there, I drove through the neighborhood but it was fence the entire way and the edge was like an overhang, looked very not safe to approach, there is a sloap on the side opposite the neighborhood but I didn't go look

View attachment 53443

Parachute in! I'm likin' the way this thread is headed!

I guess another way would be to contact the owners of the quarry, maybe one day this week I'll drive down to the southern side that is still active and look for a sign or something to see who is operating it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom