for the newer divers ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK! I am game...
When and where?
K

I will miss this one, being on my way to Europe, but whatever "big buddy" official or unofficial dive is put together in August, if I am not working, I will be there.

NWGratefulDiver:
"Hot coffee" arguments aside ... dive professionals and LDS's do assume an implicit liability every time they decide to organize a dive.

It is a sad fact of life in the USA that anyone can be sued at anytime for any reason ... and the chances of winning really boil down more to who gets the best legal counsel than the actual merits of the case. And for the person who gets sued, even a judgment in your favor can still mean extremely large legal bills to defend yourself.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Along those lines, if you are at a dive site and there is an incident, you will be named and expected to make a statement. (Peter, Doug, did I say that right?) I know, because it's happened to me. I wasn't involved, nor did I witness the incident, but was in the vicinity and they still found me.....

scubak:
OK! I am game...
When and where?
K
Cove 2, Monday July 10, 6 PM ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Cove 2, Monday July 10, 6 PM ...

viz was *amazing* today, at 120 fsw the ambient light was like edmonds at 25 fsw... hopefully tomorrow should be a really good day to dive...

ARRGGHHH stuck working again.
I am sure everyone will have a great time diving tonight.
I will be thinking of you all.

Same boat as Cold_H2O. In addition, one of my regs was flattened by a flying HP 130 yesterday (don't ask). The other one, in apparent sympathy for the loss of its sibling, has developed a case of spontaneous free-flow ("SFF"). Although curable by disassembling, cursing and praying, it seems to be getting less cooperative.

Ergo, diving with me may be a rather short experience involving a lot of noise and bubbles (wait, it usually is that anyways).

I will be back in the water soon when I (a) cure my nasty case of SFF through buying new regs (my lord, any excuse to buy new equipment-the salvos will then be off to the shop for repair); and (b) am not writing motions to strike the other side's silly exhibits.

Well, Doug, it's probably just as well you're not going . . . If you keep diving at the rate you have been, you're going to lose your eligibility as a newbie, anyway!

Perhaps I'd better plan to dive solo tonight ... :11:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom