for the newer divers ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Now that the days are getting longer, I decided to try organizing a week-night dive specifically for the newer divers I've been working with ... I know that sometimes the most difficult part of getting started is finding people to go diving with. So my goal was to be able to pair up a new diver with an experienced diver.

So I asked a few of my buddies and some of the Fifth Dimension "regulars" if they'd be interested in helping out by buddying up with an inexperienced diver and taking them on a fun dive. Well, the response I got back was so positive that I now have more experienced buddies than I do new divers ... so I'm going to extend this invite to other new divers in the area.

Here's your chance to mix, mingle, and meet some other divers. Some of the mentors will be people who frequent ScubaBoard. Most are DIR-trained ... but don't let that scare you off, they won't be judgmental of your gear or ask you to do free-ascents while doing shared-air and no-mask drills ... :D We're just out to help you have some fun and gain a bit of experience. In fact, this is your chance to come out and draw your own conclusions about the "Men in Black" ... :wink:

We'll be meeting at Cove 2 on Wednesday, May 03 at 6 PM.

If this dive turns out to be useful to the newer divers who participate, I'll try to schedule another one on a monthly basis.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Oh, I'll be there! Thanks for setting this up! I'm still renting most of my stuff- how many tanks should I bring?

Just one dive ... I get up early in the morning for my "day" job, and never do more than a single dive on a weeknight ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

count me in, sounds like fun.

huskychemist:
I'm already RSVPed, and I can't wait! Thanks Bob for setting this up.
Nice seeing you today ... you're already diving with the ultimate mentor (Uncle Pug) ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
... draw your own conclusions about the "Men in Black" ... :wink:
What?? No "Women in Black?" :06: Sheesh :rolleyes:

I'd love to join you for one of these if I'm ever in there when you have one.... if you decide to let this semi-n00b woman buddy up with or :gasp: actually be one of your mentors :11:

Snowbear:
What?? No "Women in Black?" :06: Sheesh :rolleyes:

I'd love to join you for one of these if I'm ever in there when you have one.... if you decide to let this semi-n00b woman buddy up with or :gasp: actually be one of your mentors :11:

Oh, No......this sounds like a women's lib thing.....next thing you know she'll think she wants to be a firefighter..... :D

Sorry for the hijack, I just couldn't resist....lol.

This sounds like a wonderful opportunity to learn, I wish we had more guys like you in our neck of the woods. Kudos to Bob for caring enough to make this happen.

Snowbear:
Nah - just baited the hook :D
I ain't biting ... bears eat fish ... :wink:

But I'm looking forward to your next visit anyway ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom