for the newer divers ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM:
If I can talk Bob into doing one on a weekend, we may try in November.

I got a little discouraged with the last one, because we had so few novice divers show up. Not that the mentors don't enjoy diving with one another, mind you, but it's hard to keep asking people to come to do this if there isn't much interest on the part of the newbies.

I'll come out as a newer diver . . . the weekend might actually work better for people, and we could make it a two tank event if people were so inclined.

Peter is allergic to Cove 2. Too gooey.

We choose Cove 2 because of its central location.

Edmonds is fine for folks living in Seattle and points north ... but it's a heck of a long drive for those of us who live in the south Sound area. Having been doing these on and off for the better part of 5 years, I can tell you that choosing a site on either the north or south end will only result in even fewer people choosing to participate ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

TSandM:
If I can talk Bob into doing one on a weekend, we may try in November.

I got a little discouraged with the last one, because we had so few novice divers show up. Not that the mentors don't enjoy diving with one another, mind you, but it's hard to keep asking people to come to do this if there isn't much interest on the part of the newbies.

So, why don't we all just dive together, then? If a novice shows up, the mentors can fall on them like a pack of hunger-crazed hyenas. Or something. I'll play noobie for someone, if they're desperate for someone to mentor.

Nailer99:
So, why don't we all just dive together, then? If a novice shows up, the mentors can fall on them like a pack of hunger-crazed hyenas. Or something. I'll play noobie for someone, if they're desperate for someone to mentor.

I sense a Orca Bait dive coming . . . should we start a new thread and see what availability looks like?

dsteding:
I sense a Orca Bait dive coming . . . should we start a new thread and see what availability looks like?
Yes, if that's what we want to do then let's bill it as such. It will most likely affect who chooses to come.

The mentor dives were something else ... several of our mentors chose to put their scooters down or alter their normal dive routines to come out for a purpose ... to give something back to the dive community. I think it was great that they were willing to do that (and will be again in the future) ... but if we just all want to go diving together, let's make that the dive plan from the get-go ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
The mentor dives were something else ... several of our mentors chose to put their scooters down or alter their normal dive routines to come out for a purpose ... to give something back to the dive community. I think it was great that they were willing to do that (and will be again in the future) ... but if we just all want to go diving together, let's make that the dive plan from the get-go ...

That is one of the cool things about the mentor dives, it seems like with the days getting shorter and colder, it may be easier to do Orca Bait dives over the winter with the mentor dives starting up again in the spring--I'd be happy to help organize either of these.

several of our mentors chose to put their scooters down or alter their normal dive routines to come out for a purpose

This is precisely my hesitation on trying to do another mentor dive this fall. Asking people to do something they normally would not do, and then having it turn out they aren't needed after all, is something I don't want to do repeatedly.

I am happy (well, kinda) to wait until spring when it makes more sense. It will just be nice to meet all of you in person after reading so many of your posts here on SB. I would be coming up from Olympia, but can/will make the effort to participate. Always fun to learn new dive sites! Until next spring!

Back
Top Bottom