Fold up fins, so you can easily walk into the water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's a common tactic of attacking the poster, rather than addressing the issues raised by the poster. It generally indicates a lack of substance in the opposing argument.

It's a smoke screen to cover up the fact that they are out of ammo.
That was the problem: they raised absolutely no issues: just insinuations! No actual experience with the product: just assumptions. I think it's good to KNOW how much or little experience they have with the product!

I don't think a product that encourages walking over marine life, which you will do, and crunching it is good. Not to mention the odd stingray buried in the sand that may zap you...Why walk anyway? As soon as it's deep enough to swim, (like, 1 foot?) get your fins on and go. No, I've never tried them either and I don't care how easy they make it to walk...I don't walk in the water, I swim.

I don't think a product that encourages walking over marine life, which you will do, and crunching it is good.

I'm not sure why you think these fins promote walking where you can swim. I think they're intended to promote walking where you have to walk.

What's funny is that even though I spotlighted your "solution in search of a problem" line, both Walter and Kim somehow think I am talking about THEM.
Oh dear......you really have got a bone here somewhere huh?

Pete - you used the word "hate" - no one else did....... and I just don't see it, and I don't think Walter does either but he can speak for himself. I'm not quite sure WHO you are talking about, but it's coming over as a blanket condemnation of anyone expressing a negative impression. A negative impression is no big deal - especially when it's been made more than clear that it's a subjective impression based on simply looking at the product, and reading some of the things the company obviously finds desirable in a product. I'm not trashing anything, and I don't think anyone else is either. Has anyone posted that it's a useless POS? If they did I missed it. For me, it's just not really of interest, and I think that's all that anyone else has expressed as well. We aren't all the same though, so I'm not at all surprised if others find these features just what they need, and therefore the fin extremely useful.

I will however point out something most people don't really grasp: The opposite of love is not HATE. The opposite of love is APATHY.

Its finally comming into focus to me now... Thats a statement from a marrage Counselor, and as a business owner, I've spent a few bucks there!!! Let me guess...RJP owns a dive shop...that dosent sell omega fins. am I close here? You were negitive from jump street, for no apparent reason. Peoples actions are governed by ego payoffs. What was your "payoff" (marrage counseling 102)

Pete - you used the word "hate" - no one else did....... and I just don't see it, //SNIP// Has anyone posted that it's a useless POS? If they did I missed it.
As Gombessa has pointed out the line " A hal fassed solution in search of a problem." just didn't give me the warm fuzzies. As I asked Walter, do you see this somehow as a compliment or at all positive?

As soon as it's deep enough to swim, (like, 1 foot?) get your fins on and go. No, I've never tried them either and I don't care how easy they make it to walk...I don't walk in the water, I swim.

Swimming in 1 foot of water?????...proves common sense is not common anymore.

Swimming in 1 foot of water?????...proves common sense is not common anymore.

Why would this indicate...prove... a lack of common sense?

As Gombessa has pointed out the line " A hal fassed solution in search of a problem." just didn't give me the warm fuzzies. As I asked Walter, do you see this somehow as a compliment or at all positive?
I just read it as a statement of disinterest really........ much the same way I felt when I first saw the fins. We're a discussion board aren't we? There wouldn't be much discussion if everyone felt the same way about everything.

I certainly didn't read it as "hate" - especially in the light of the posts that followed.

At the end of the day it doesn't much matter what someone posts as we have plenty of other members who are in a position to answer, contradict, agree with - whatever......

As I posted originally - from the photo I formed an impression that these fins would be quite heavy - Dave corrected that impression immediately. No harm...no foul. Some don't see the problem these fins fix - others do. At the end of the day I think that the rest of the members are smart enough to take away the information that they want - "if the fin fits", as it were......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom