Fold up fins, so you can easily walk into the water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Iceguy4

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've talked to 2 dive shops about these fins. any advice with regard to these fins would be nice. I'm thinking if I could put these on at the table or shoreline it would be one less thing to worrie about in waist deep water.
thanks in advance for your time
Iceguy

There has already been a discussion thread about these fins:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fins-masks-snorkels/227027-amphibian-fins.html

Fins are very personal items of gear. The first consideration should be a a good, comfortable fit. I do a lot of shore snorkelling here in the North East of England and I wouldn't consider Amphibians for my personal use because after a lifetime of the sport I still prefer full-foot fins. A lot of people on this forum seem to think that if a pair of fins works for them, it will automatically work for everybody. I don't. Everybody's different. There's no substitute for trying out new gear for yourself and coming to your own conclusions.

my concern is how do they snap in place and how durable or reliably will they stay in place while finning or will they unlock and be useless and dangerously flopping on there hinge.

A hal fassed solution in search of a problem.

I know one diver who uses them (and is a member of this Board) and really likes them.

I'm much more concerned about how fins work in the water than how they work out of the water. Besides, I'm willing to bet I can put on or take off my fins within a couple of seconds as quickly as I could flip them up or down. I don't see the advantage.

Now if only they would make the "fold Up" fin in a split fin version.

For those of us who have flexibility issues, the whole concept is a GREAT one. Unlike Walter, I have had so many cumulative injuries from 30 years working in automotive, that I am at a distinct disadvantage when putting on fins. I am not even CLOSE to giving up on a sport where I feel "whole" again once I am in the water, so I am keen to try them.

To some of the others: It's good to remember that not EVERYONE has a closed mind on this board. I would be surprised if the harshest critics have even tried them. I guess it's easier to condemn something BEFORE you have tried it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom