Fold up fins, so you can easily walk into the water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I understand the concept of their advertising. If I were trying to sell the fin, I'd stress the effectiveness of the fin in the water, get someone like TeamCasa to tell how much they love them in the water.

I understand the concept of their advertising. If I were trying to sell the fin, I'd stress the effectiveness of the fin in the water, get someone like TeamCasa to tell how much they love them in the water.

Walter, It's obviously not about how the fin performs in the water, it's about getting in and out of the water. Nobody reeeeealy cares how they perform in the water. Just look at the lists some are posting about how great the fins are. I didn't notice anything in those lists about inwater performance. It is all about getting in and out of the water. So, people like you and me, who have no problem with entering and exiting, won't give a hoot about the neat hinge. But I know, now that we are talking about their performance, all the pro-hingers will chime in and tell us that since we haven't tried them yet, we can't comment about the inwater performance either.

I will however point out something most people don't really grasp: The opposite of love is not HATE. The opposite of love is APATHY.
We have a NEW definition of apathy here... Apathy is equal to 16 posts about a fin you don't like, but now you claim you don't hate.

Not one of those posts has had ANYTHING positive to say about the fin... just disparaging comparisons to paper mache' regulators and the like!

Dang, I bet you would have to have over a THOUSAND posts on the same subject to make it to being OCD!!! Bwahahahahaha!

Walter, It's obviously not about how the fin performs in the water, it's about getting in and out of the water. Nobody reeeeealy cares how they perform in the water. Just look at the lists some are posting about how great the fins are. I didn't notice anything in those lists about inwater performance. It is all about getting in and out of the water. So, people like you and me, who have no problem with entering and exiting, won't give a hoot about the neat hinge. But I know, now that we are talking about their performance, all the pro-hingers will chime in and tell us that since we haven't tried them yet, we can't comment about the inwater performance either.

I would say your logic is flawed. These fins would be useless if they failed in their primary function, that being a fin. My opinions are based on the added benefit of the fins ability to flip up making it easier to enter or exit. I have no physical problem entering or exiting, donning of doffing my fins but these just make the task far simpler.

It is like choosing one car over another. They both get you to work just fine but one has the benefit of air conditioning.

We have a NEW definition of apathy here... Apathy is equal to 16 posts about a fin you don't like, but now you claim you don't hate.

Not one of those posts has had ANYTHING positive to say about the fin... just disparaging comparisons to paper mache' regulators and the like!

Dang, I bet you would have to have over a THOUSAND posts on the same subject to make it to being OCD!!! Bwahahahahaha!

You're just not listening, Pete. You decided very early on in the discussion what you thought I was saying, and now you can't hear anything else. To the point that you don't even recognize that the "paper mache regulator" comment was a dig at YOU and not the Omega product.

Feel free to open a thread on the "Whine & Cheese" forum if you want to continue to complain about the fact that I've helped to catalyze more discussion on ScubaBoard on this topic in 24hrs than the Omega manufacturers forum has generated since it was opened. 1,700 views and counting on this thread Pete. Add to that the posts and views on the spin-off thread on opinions about gear you haven't tried. How many site visits is that? How many page views? How many ad exposures? Would you really rather I had kept my opinion to myself?

A hal fassed solution in search of a problem.
It may be a very reasonable solution to a problem that I face regularly, just because you don't deal with the problem does not mean that it does not exist. I often have to hook up and release submersibles from their lift point. Fins can really get in the way and force me to work on my knees, which means that the hook can be quite a stretch. While I don't know how well they swim, flip fins may be just the ticket for these operations.

I'm trying to open my mind, so I hope someone will please explain to me why so many folks seem to think RJP and others hate these fins? I don't see that at all. I see that several folks don't see a need for them.

It's a common tactic of attacking the poster, rather than addressing the issues raised by the poster. It generally indicates a lack of substance in the opposing argument.

It's a smoke screen to cover up the fact that they are out of ammo.

You're just not listening, Pete.
Go back and read post 52!
You decided very early on in the discussion what you thought I was saying, and now you can't hear anything else. To the point that you don't even recognize that the "paper mache regulator" comment was a dig at YOU and not the Omega product.
What's the matter? You can't take a "dig" back. :D You have made some rather humorous justifications for your negativity, and I don't mind countering those with some solid reasoning! I am not angry, nor have I called you any names.

What makes you feel that your line of reasoning is above questioning? Mine surely is not!

What's funny is that even though I spotlighted your "solution in search of a problem" line, both Walter and Kim somehow think I am talking about THEM. The angst over my position about cyber divers testing gear in their minds is amazing. Here I thought people would RATHER listen to first hand reports than opinions based on mere assumptions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom