First Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Right, because it's not in threads on scubaboard 🙄. People have leaks all the time without posting about it. The 2023 valves don't work any differently than the ones from ten years ago.
Most of the stuff posted in this thread is missinformation. 5 people agreeing that you need ankle weights to dive a drysuit doesn't make it true.
Believe what you want.
Lol... it must be really hard to walk through life just being right all the time🙄

SB is full of passionate people that are all interested in diving. Remember when the Teric had battery issues, or the older T zips became delaminated on certain drysuits? Couldn't come on here without tripping over a thread with people talking about it. Or what about the Si-tech Anteras... what a pice of crap. Read all about it on here, lol.

I know @stuartv has had a Trigon on his 1st Seaskin for years and has never complained about it... why is that? He blows my hours underwater away, still recommends it even over the LM. @lexvil swears by Trigon too... 8 YEARS on his suit?

You're saying something doesn't work, and we're all wrong for saying it does... and when we cite it's our experience you say well maybe you don't have enough of it, LOL... why tf are you so grumpy?

If you haven't used a balanced P valve in the last ~ 5+ years then maybe YOU should refrain from sharing experience that you clearly don't have! I'm not sharing my experience of unbalnced, because I have zero. I still stick by what I said... they'll all work if you learn how to use them. Places wouldn't keep selling them if all they did was get returns and complaints.

Not worth the bother Rob some people get set in their beliefs and won’t change and sometime seem to relish causing confusion and discord.
Sometimes it's fun, lol. I really get a kick out of some keyboard warriors sometimes! I'm fully aware that sometimes that warrior is me!! The only difference is I really try to refrain from saying "my way is the only way". Plenty of ways to do this dang thing.

SB is full of passionate people that are all interested in diving.
Many of which talk about stuff they don't know anything about. We just saw it here with the 'you have prime'. If you had bothered to think about it for 2 min you could have figured out that it's nonsense... yet the same BS is repeated over and over again. Yeah, let's not think, learn any new information or try to use logic...
Several people here apparently didn't even knew how the different types work... yet they give advice and think they know better.
It's literally like the people who say you need ankle weight. Have you used ankle weights in the last 5 years... they're totally different now.

You're saying something doesn't work, and we're all wrong for saying it does...
It doesn't work RELIABLY.

When I see wrong information given on here (like in this thread), I try to correct it some of the time... mostly it turns into me arguing with people who can't follow a simple explanation. It's really a waste of time.

Sorry for chiming in. Continue the circle jerk.

Many of which talk about stuff they don't know anything about. We just saw it here with the 'you have prime'. If you had bothered to think about it for 2 min you could have figured out that it's nonsense... yet the same BS is repeated over and over again. Yeah, let's not think, learn any new information or try to use logic...
Several people here apparently didn't even knew how the different types work... yet they give advice and think they know better.
I don't think anyone said unbalanced doesn't work? Where was that said? We just said balanced is fine... nothing wrong with either way.
It's literally like the people who say you need ankle weight. Have you used ankle weights in the last 5 years... they're totally different now.
That's not a recommendation I've seen on here... maybe gaiters but never weights. And honestly, who cares how someone else dives. Trigon literally had a recall and sent out different parts to anyone experiencing issues a few years back. I would consider that a "different design" then 10 years ago? Right?
It doesn't work RELIABLY.
I just proved reliable for years... what more do you need? Decades?
When I see wrong information given on here (like in this thread), I try to correct it some of the time... mostly it turns into me arguing with people who can't follow a simple explanation. It's really a waste of time.

Sorry for chiming in. Continue the circle jerk.
It's not wrong, it's just different perspectives. It ends up being an argument because you don't like to see it any way but "your" way... it was never about right vs wrong.

I found your avatar :);

1690551990880.png

Lol... it must be really hard to walk through life just being right all the time🙄

SB is full of passionate people that are all interested in diving. Remember when the Teric had battery issues, or the older T zips became delaminated on certain drysuits? Couldn't come on here without tripping over a thread with people talking about it. Or what about the Si-tech Anteras... what a pice of crap. Read all about it on here, lol.

I know @stuartv has had a Trigon on his 1st Seaskin for years and has never complained about it... why is that? He blows my hours underwater away, still recommends it even over the LM. @lexvil swears by Trigon too... 8 YEARS on his suit?

You're saying something doesn't work, and we're all wrong for saying it does... and when we cite it's our experience you say well maybe you don't have enough of it, LOL... why tf are you so grumpy?

If you haven't used a balanced P valve in the last ~ 5+ years then maybe YOU should refrain from sharing experience that you clearly don't have! I'm not sharing my experience of unbalnced, because I have zero. I still stick by what I said... they'll all work if you learn how to use them. Places wouldn't keep selling them if all they did was get returns and complaints.

Sometimes it's fun, lol. I really get a kick out of some keyboard warriors sometimes! I'm fully aware that sometimes that warrior is me!! The only difference is I really try to refrain from saying "my way is the only way". Plenty of ways to do this dang thing.

I don't know what the beef here is and I am not going back to read the 6 prior pages to find out. lol!

I have Trigons on 2 suits. The older one is about to turn 5 years old. Never had any trouble with either one.

I have a new Dive Rite P valve on my newest drysuit - which is the same basic design as the Trigon. It has also been fine so far. But, I only have 8 dives on it so far.

I will say that, though I've had them for 5 years, I do not have a huge number of dives on them. I am lucky enough to be able to dive wet most of the time. Total # of dives with these P valves is only around 170. Just under 100 on the one with the most use. Maybe if I were diving dry 100+ dives per year I would have had a P valve failure by now. I don't know.

It's not wrong, it's just different perspectives. It ends up being an argument because you don't like to see it any way but "your" way... it was never about right vs wrong.
It's plain wrong that unbalanced valves need to be primed and it's wrong to say balanced has any advantage over unbalanced. It's not an opinion. You're just another person that repeats the same bs over and over again and some BS about 'backpressure' that's isn't a thing. 🙄
I tried to explain it several times.

@berndo , if as you assert, there is no pressure difference in an unbalanced p-valve, then are you implying that the manufacturers of balanced p-valves would disagree with you, and that they are incorrect?

To ask it another way, what problem existed that the invention of the balanced p-valve was intended to solve?

I thought I understood how a balanced p-valve is supposed to work, but now I am not sure.

@berndo , if as you assert, there is no pressure difference in an unbalanced p-valve, then are you implying that the manufacturers of balanced p-valves would disagree with you, and that they are incorrect?

To ask it another way, what problem existed that the invention of the balanced p-valve was intended to solve?

I thought I understood how a balanced p-valve is supposed to work, but now I am not sure.
As much as I tend to answer differently from Berndo, I do feel he has explained quite well already.

An unbalanced P-valve with no non-return valve, will if open. Not have any pressure difference. You will have "backflow" with seawater or whatever approaching your junk if connected. If you don't connect and accidently open the valve, you will get wet.
I do believe I've seen some people beeing afraid of infections with water approaching your junk, I personally haven't dived in waters I would be concerned of swimming in, so I'm not concerned.

A balanced valve can be kept open and unconnected without getting you wet, as it has a built in NRV.

A balanced valve where you blank the "vent" (and not removing the NRV) you will get vacuum, as water can not enter the tubing.

You tell me, why did you buy it? What problem does it solve?

It seems that you don't understand how unbalanced valves works. I seems like you blocked the duckbill and left the check valve in for some reason. I've asked you this before. Why?

It's plain wrong that unbalanced valves need to be primed and it's wrong to say balanced has any advantage over unbalanced. It's not an opinion. You're just another person that repeats the same bs over and over again and some BS about 'backpressure' that's isn't a thing. 🙄
I tried to explain it several times.
Lol.. idc. My PP valve is superior to yours in every way and deep down you KNOW IT!!!!!

Now get off my lawn😘🤣🤣🤣🤣

I do believe I've seen some people beeing afraid of infections with water approaching your junk, I personally haven't dived in waters I would be concerned of swimming in, so I'm not concerned.
Well, if you actually dive in contaminated water and wanted to use the valve you could prime it. Not sure how common is is for people to dive in water that can't or shouldn't come in contact with skin though. Outside of commercial diving, it's probably very rare.

Back
Top Bottom