Dry glove issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ulfhedinn

-Skill Collector-
Reaction score
My Santi has "Round Permanent Wrist System - Quick Cuff"

I picked up the Rolock 90s but that wont work so it seems. Am I correct?
--

I guess I was suppose to get "Oval Permanent Wrist System - QCS"

My Santi has "Round Permanent Wrist System - Quick Cuff"

I picked up the Rolock 90s but that wont work so it seems. Am I correct?
--

I guess I was suppose to get "Oval Permanent Wrist System - QCS"

You are correct. Rolock 90 is designed to work with the QCS oval wrist system. The older Quick Cuff wrist system will work with the Rolock 1, 2, and 3 dryglove rings....unless you are diving with insulated gloves (think Showa gloves with a fixed/glued yellow fuzzy liner), you would need the "Rolock 3" for your Quick Cuff rings.

-Z

Well crap.. so I should have grabbed one of the others.

So going forward If I get a backup drysuit from seaskin which one on this page is correct with the rolock 90?

The page you linked is the general Seaskin Nova information page. I followed some links to the page depicted below. You would need to add the red circled product to your drysuit order for the Rolock 90 to work.

1687729460121.png

Also, I failed to mention earlier, but the Rolock 1, 2, and 3 will not work directly with the Si-Tech Round Quick Cuff....the wrist ring system needs a quick and easty modification for the Rolock glove rings to work. I will find and post the video that another SB member made for this.

The Rolock 90 is designed to readily integrate with the Si-Tech QCS Oval wrist rings without any modifications.

-Z

Here is the video instructions for modifying the Si-Tech QCP round cuff rings so one can integrate them with Rolock 1, 2, or 3 glove rings:

-Z

If you are interested in selling your Rolock 90 rings, send me a DM.

-Z

Thanks Zef I appreciate it.

I have Si techs Glove Lock QCP that I picked up the same time I picked up the dry suit and never could get them to work. They haven't even seen water. "Anyone want to buy those?" I liked what I saw with the Rolock 90s and grabbed them without enough research. If I decide to not pick up the new backup drysuit I will think about selling them.

Thanks Zef I appreciate it.

I have Si techs Glove Lock QCP that I picked up the same time I picked up the dry suit and never could get them to work. They haven't even seen water. "Anyone want to buy those?" I liked what I saw with the Rolock 90s and grabbed them without enough research. If I decide to not pick up the new backup drysuit I will think about selling them.
My wife had the Si-Tech Glove Lock system with her 1st drysuit. I am very familiar with it, perhaps I can help you get it to work if you post some more details as to what you are experiencing with them.

-Z

Do the relocation attach to the plastic oval ring or the softish ring sewn to the suit. The suit side ring is the same between the round and oval iirc

Do the relocation attach to the plastic oval ring or the softish ring sewn to the suit. The suit side ring is the same between the round and oval iirc

The suit side ring (PU ring) is not the same between the QCP round and the QCS oval ring systems. The two rings are round (the oval being attained from the rigid rings inserted to secure wrist seals), but they have different internal and external diameters.

One cannot simply reglue a QCP round PU ring into a sleeve upside down so that accessories designed for the QCS oval system can be used. It will not work.

Here is a diagram/specs from Si-Tech's installation/gluing guide:

1687739103987.png

-Z

Back
Top Bottom