Seaskin ordering questions...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Litefoot

Litefoot

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi. I've got my options picked out for a new Seaskin Nova, but I have questions:

1) Are these wrist seals compatible as spares for the SiTech Oval cuff system?
2) Are these neck seals compatible as spares for the SiTech Quick Neck system?
3) Is there somewhere in the order process in which I can specify a suit color combination not listed in the drop down menu?
4) Does your card get charged at the time of order or at the time of delivery?

Edit: 5) With a back plate using continuous webbing, is it necessary to move the dump valve to the DIR position? Does the webbing run comfortably between the Quick Neck and the dump valve without moving it?

Thanks so much! I have a suit in the cart and am ready to get rolling.

1) meh
2) yes, that's the correct one. Make sure it is the right size for you. Those are for necks greater than 36 cm.
3) there is a comments section after you've gone to pay or something like that where you can specify any addition requests, including your desired flag.
4) at time of order

Wrist will fit, dump is on your arm, take it easy wait another day measure yourself again on a clean sheet

1. yes
2. Yes
3. Don’t know
4. Time of order
5. I use the standard dump position, don’t care for the DIR change but whichever you choose you’ll get used to and consider it the best option.

make sure your measurments are accurate and the suit will fit.

Okay, thanks for the that. I’ll measure again to confirm. The only hood I have is a 5/3 hooded vest. Seems like most opinions agree that the face opening on the Seaskin hoods are too small. Any suggestions for alternatives or buy the Seaskin and trim it?

Okay, thanks for the that. I’ll measure again to confirm. The only hood I have is a 5/3 hooded vest. Seems like most opinions agree that the face opening on the Seaskin hoods are too small. Any suggestions for alternatives or buy the Seaskin and trim it?
I like the K01 hoods. plenty warm.

Measure few times. If all measurements are close, use the largest one. If it's way off, use average.
True about face opening, I think it's done on purpose, so you can keep it as small as possible for you for really cold dives or open as much as you want.

I have a waterproof H1 7mm and it's fantastic. I tuck the short bib into my warm neck and call it a day.

Get the DIR dump location. You won't be upset about it.

I appreciate ya’ll. Placed my order last night. No projected ship date yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom