DOT exemption for PST E7 Tanks? Expires Soon? Renewed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pure POOMA speculation, but maybe they will just renew the exemption, without application, for existing tanks.

Unless there are specific problems that have developed that would cause the renewal to be rejected, it really ought to be automatic - Ideal would be to make the exemption permanent for existing cylinders.

That's ridiculous, not going to happen.

Didn't DEMA get involved one of the prior times? It's in 2 weeks, maybe someone going can take it up.

My LDS is still filling and VIPing them. They told me, "don't worry about it, it'll be renewed".

My local shop just called me because I had two of them I had dropped off that they won't be able to fill.

I think they saw that dive industry bulletin from 10/23 about it (I'm pretty sure they filled them after 9/30 passed without thinking twice about it, so it must have been the recent bulletin that brought their attention to it.)

They are a local DOT hydro facility as well and say that they called the DOT and the person they spoke to there had a similar opinion to what's been shared here, that somehow it will get renewed.

It would be nice if it was a permanent renewal. Seems like it's been around so long without any problems that requiring a renewal every 5 years is unnecessary.

My local shop just called me because I had two of them I had dropped off that they won't be able to fill.

I think they saw that dive industry bulletin from 10/23 about it (I'm pretty sure they filled them after 9/30 passed without thinking twice about it, so it must have been the recent bulletin that brought their attention to it.)

They are a local DOT hydro facility as well and say that they called the DOT and the person they spoke to there had a similar opinion to what's been shared here, that somehow it will get renewed.

It would be nice if it was a permanent renewal. Seems like it's been around so long without any problems that requiring a renewal every 5 years is unnecessary.

You can thank PSI-PCI for that nonsense. I really hate that organization ... for many reasons. This is just one of them.

Not sure a permanent renewal is possible. The regs don't allow it as far as I know. They require a renewal every 4 years. Now maybe if the regs were changed, but I'm sure that would take an act of God.

You can thank PSI-PCI for that nonsense. I really hate that organization ... for many reasons. This is just one of them.

Not sure a permanent renewal is possible. The regs don't allow it as far as I know. They require a renewal every 4 years. Now maybe if the regs were changed, but I'm sure that would take an act of God.
Actually, it would be Congress....

Now maybe if the regs were changed, but I'm sure that would take an act of God.

Actually, it would be Congress....

A lot of these regulations are made via the rule making process. I would be surprised if this is legislated. You would just have to get DOT to go with it, and it sounds like they are getting annoyed by this too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom