DOT exemption for PST E7 Tanks? Expires Soon? Renewed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, I believe that you can request a personal exemption.. in which case they write something to PST and PST does something about it.

I have no idea how this is done, but I think it was @tbone1004 that told me that?

I am super lazy.. I'll either wait for PST to get up off their ass, or one of you to push through for the rest of us! I own something like 18 PST tanks.. I'd be pissed if I didn't have a compressor.

WOW! My 4 worthingtons are nothing in comparison! If they ever become door stops, given that I live and dive in South Florida, I'd probably just move to renting cylinders when I dive.

Everyone keeps saying to “upgrade” to HP tanks, but my low pressure PSTs are looking pretty good right now.

Everyone keeps saying to “upgrade” to HP tanks, but my low pressure PSTs are looking pretty good right now.

As does a compressor, lol..

I suppose someone who is motivated might just email the DOT and ask? The relevant code contains an email (and fax...) for the special permit office. The worst case is they say no or ignore you.

My lay reading is it's not required that the original manufacture is the one that applies, but you might need a PE to sign off that there have been no material changes and the specifications in the original application remain correct.

Section (b) also explains how you apply so there is no gap in permit, it wasn't immediately obvious to me if there was a way to check what applications are awaiting administrative action.
I tried on the DOT website. I did not have the appropriate DOT numbers to get past their web form. Then their chat bot wouldn't let me get through without a company and DOT number.

Thank you. I appreciate your efforts in trying to get this resolved!!

Back
Top Bottom