DIR- Generic Does the ScubaPro S-Tek Pro BPW Meet Standards?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you dive with backup lights clipped or the shoulder drings and stages?

If you really need the adjustability the halcyon cinch system lets you loosen the shoulder straps when the crotch buckle is loosened and doesn’t add any buckles and loose floppy webbing
I dive with the backup light clipped on the shoulder D ring

I never tried the halcyon cinch system but it seems nice and well thought although you also have some loose floppy webbing when it is tight. On the Scubapro you have a bit of loose floppy webbing when it's tight but if you conceive the system smartly when you buy it it is very short and doesn't bother at all. Yes you have buckles (I don't know if it is the right word, or slider ?) but they are really not bothering.

The only thing that is a bit "particular" with this BPW it that it is very heavy with the inox plate, more than all the other BPW that I know. I put less lead so it is ok but to carry it on land, you feel the weight. And if you travel it is heavy and massive.

I’d say it’s the least stiff webbing I’ve used the DGX webbing is way stiffer as is your classic weight belt webbing.

I take that back. I had some dive rite webbing that I replaced right away because it was super floppy
See the list in post #5 of the link I added in my post above to a previous discussion of webbing stiffness. As for my own statements on the subject, I think I'll finish my coffee before posting further!

I never have plans to go tech. Does this BPW meet the standards for me to enroll in fundies? I cant see a reason why not but want to check.

All the OP asked was if the BC he wants to buy is acceptable for the Fundies course. He NEVER asked if people here liked it or not or what they thought of it, yet most of the "opinions" have nothing to do with his question and don't address his need.

I believe that these off-topic replies should be reported and removed.

All the OP asked if the BC he wants to buy is acceptable for the Fundies course. He NEVER asked if people here liked it or not or what they thought of it, yet most of the "opinions" have nothing to do with his question and don't address his need.
Okay. He really should ask his prospective instructor. If he's not sure who the instructor will be, he can send a message to Emoke or whoever ran the previous course in his area, and I suspect they would be glad to comment on that particular rig.

Okay. He really should ask his prospective instructor. If he's not sure who the instructor will be, he can send a message to Emoke or whoever ran the previous course in his area, and I suspect they would be glad to comment on that particular rig.

I am still reporting your previous posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p

I will be reaching out. Just havent made it that far yet. This is the planning phase.

All the OP asked was if the BC he wants to buy is acceptable for the Fundies course. He NEVER asked if people here liked it or not or what they thought of it, yet most of the "opinions" have nothing to do with his question and don't address his need.

I believe that these off-topic replies should be reported and removed.
It has been answered : nobody knows, he should ask his instructor.

It has been answered : nobody knows, he should ask his instructor.

Im going to try to send out some emails this weekend. I think we have some good info already floating around in this thread which is great.

But they still "philosophize" and talk shiit about things they know nothing about.

I can tell you that it likely would not be accepted in t1 and c1 and does not meet the standards as outlined in appendix a of the GUE Standards 9.2.

In fundies I think their is a greater likelihood to role with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom