Stuck between S-Tek and Halcyon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you’re diving a drysuit you won’t need that much lift. Even with steel tanks.

I’d purchase your wing based on what diameter tank your diving. The 40lb wings is good for 8” diameter tanks.
fantastic! Thank you, i do plan to buy a drysuit, now that ive finished the class. I noticed youre from Maryland, Hows the diving over there? I take an annual trip to MD to a car event the first weekend of November at MIR. I plan to bring my gear and look for a shop to do some diving with

fantastic! Thank you, i do plan to buy a drysuit, now that ive finished the class. I noticed youre from Maryland, Hows the diving over there? I take an annual trip to MD to a car event the first weekend of November at MIR. I plan to bring my gear and look for a shop to do some diving with
There isn't really much diving in this area, but there are a few quarries in Pennsylvania and one in southern Virginia. Southern Maryland divers occasionally run local boat trips. It might be worth reaching out to them, but it's one of those weird things we're surrounded by water, but a lot of it isn't really worth diving.

There isn't really much diving in this area, but there are a few quarries in Pennsylvania and one in southern Virginia. Southern Maryland divers occasionally run local boat trips. It might be worth reaching out to them, but it's one of those weird things we're surrounded by water, but a lot of it isn't really worth diving.
incredibly unfortunate. I was hoping to dive in the Baltimore Aquarium but its not available that weekend

incredibly unfortunate. I was hoping to dive in the Baltimore Aquarium but its not available that weekend
It's just the nature of the terrain. The average depth of the bay is 21ft, and 24% of it is less than 6ft deep; it's highly affected by runoff, so it tends to be shallow and low vis. Frequently seeing like 6" of vis in the summer, it's better in the winter, but still not a lot to see except for mud

A new diver, you want 40# to keep your breathing apparatus, namely your mouth, well up in a rough sea

Whether the second stage regulator is still in or not

If you’re diving a drysuit you won’t need that much lift. Even with steel tanks.

More so with steel tanks, and what about two tanks

Multifunctional and minimum is a 40# no drysuit yet, and who wants to Michelin Man with a small wing

I am talking about the surface where many incidents occur, and a 40# dives great below the surface too

Back
Top Bottom